Hey there. Slight problem here. I've always had kind of a cruddy stomach - got upset a lot when I was a kid, and just a few years ago I had my gallbladder removed, giving me a nice case of dumping syndrome for my troubles. It's annoying, but I've learned to live with it.

Last year, starting around November, I started having some stomach troubles. I had some strong bouts of nausea (no vomiting), near constant constipation, near constant upset stomach, and an excess amount of gas (almost entirely burping). Eating food at any time of the day generated a lot of churning and gurgling in my stomach. At the same time, I developed a strange taste problem - soda tasted flat, food tasted stale, and when I was eating/drinking nothing my mouth just tasted rotten.

I visited the doctor several times - they did urine tests, blood tests, fecal tests, and an ultrasound, none of which turned up anything, and their best guess was stomach flu, although they said the key symptom in stomach flu is usually vomiting, which I didn't have. They gave me medicine to quell the nausea, and after a few months everything stopped, and my taste went back to normal.

I assumed the two problems - everything with my stomach, and the taste malfunction - were unrelated. Just this weekend, however, it's started happening again - the rotten taste, the upset stomach, everything. Which means I could be in for another really annoying four months.

Any ideas what this is? Or how I can at least restore my taste so this can be a slightly less annoying four months? :P

I'VE HAD TASTE PROBLEMS EVER SINCE I HAD A ANAPHYLACTIC REACTION TO MORPHINE A YEAR AND HALF AGO.

I FINALLY FOUND A ENT DR. WHO HAS SOME KNOWLEDGE.
HE PRESCRIBED, MEDROL DOSEPAK, KEFLEX, A COLONIC FLUSH, ANTIHISAMINE AND ZOCOR, IF YOU ARE HAVING OILY SKIN. IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE REGALIN MAY HELP.

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR DR. SPEAK TO HERBERT L. BAKER , MD
248-557-2900.

MY TASTE IS GETTING CRUDDY AGAIN SO I AM TRYING TO REPEAT THE TREATMENT.

EYE-RA

Does it taste like sulfur...aka rotten eggs? I would get this taste along with lots of burps, nausea, gas, stomach aches every once in a while, and was having chronic constipation. I recently found out that it has to do with sulfur metabolism. My body can't utilize sulfur from foods, and so it does not make sulphates (which pass chemicals through the body, among other things). I was therefore having chemical toxicity from almost all foods.