For a person suffering rubber allergy, is it SAFE to use gutta percha as a root canl filling material? If not, what is a suitable alternative root canal filling material? A dental surgeon has suggested RESOLON. Is resolon suitable?

I too suffer from the same question and have been at wits end, I have a month full of half done root canals , have had to have extractions as well because an endo promised to use the alternative and then decided to back out , if you find out any answers , please post them. Having many health issues and having latex sensitivity I would rather avoid any excitement , thanks so much and best wishes for yoou as well :-D

Gutta percha seems to be a safe when used in teeth with latex allergic people

Gutta-percha is a natural rubber and it is used for a variety of surgical devices and for dental applications during root canal therapy. It is used to fill the empty space in the root of the tooth. Now the rubber allergy is very complicating things where you have to be careful with many products. They can cause respiratory reactions and skin reactions. I know that doctors tell the person with rubber allergy to avoid any skin contact with rubber so in my opinion you should avoid Gutta-percha. You will have to talk to your doctor about alternatives. What kind of reactions do you have when you get in contact with rubber? How do you manage your life without rubber?
Good luck,
Danella

There is reputed to be a synthetic alternitive to the latex fill matherial I have read about it but can not vouch for it as I have no experience with it one way or the other.

I have had 3 root canals, and the second extraction is tomorrow. To the slightest touch of my finger to my tooth with a root canal, the pain is electrifying. This has continued and gotten worse with time, with each root canal. My doctor returned my fee from my February root canal. He said he has heard of an allergy, but never has had a patient with one. I do have an allergy to latex bandages. Please add some insight.