I had an infection in the tooth and I had a root canal done five days ago. I don’t feel tooth pain any more but yesterday I noticed that my lymph glands are swollen. Now I’m wondering could root canals be causing swollen lymph glands in the neck? Or maybe that’s related to something else?

Don’t worry too much! The root canal infection can cause swollen glands. I also had a same problem last year. It is possible that your lymph nodes were involved with the infection. But it needs to take some time for infection to clear up. Just be patient and everything will be ok. Good luck!

Hi there,
Of course it can cause the lymph nodes to get enlarged and swollen. The thing is that your lymph nodes react to every infection in your body. So if you are having issues with the root canal you will notice your lymph nodes to be like small lumps under your jaw. The important thing is that you don’t apply too much pressure on them. Just treat the root canal problem and when you fix your dental problem your lymph nodes will get back to normal in no time. Are you using any medication right now? Maybe some pain killer to ease the pain in your mouth? In my opinion this is nothing serious and you shouldn’t worry too much.