I have to admit that my brother is not completely as it should be. He is 24 years old and still very shy, although he acts like that only when he is outside of the house. He is more or less normal inside the house. I would like to draw a parallel here, between a normal person and a schizoid person. Can you help me?

Well, the difference is quite easy to establish. Introvert persons are not suffering from any condition, while schizophrenics might have an entire set of signs and symptoms that point to their condition. This means that they will have hallucinations (voices, for example), delusions, sometimes speech problems, and generally they do look like they have a serious psychological problem.

The first responder confused scizophrenia with schizoid. They are not the same. This is extremely important. He should have kept his mouth shut, because he doesn't know what he's talking about. The questioner, on the other hand, asked exactly the right question; the fact that he is delineating between schizoid personatlity and introversion shows he already has the proper focus. A good discussion of the differences and similarities and the controversies about typing and pathology can be found on Wikipedia under schizoid.