I have heard a lot about schizophrenia. I know that is disease where person’s inner world and behavior change notably. As my grandmother was diagnosed as schizophrenic, I would like to know symptoms for this disorder. Just I want to recognize that kind of person when I see it next time. Also, I want to know it in case I became one day one of them.

Person with schizophrenia may not have any outward appearance of being ill. In some cases, the illness may be more apparent causing bizarre behaviors. For example, schizophrenic person may wear aluminum foil in the belief that will stop one’s thoughts from being broadcasted. Also they think it will protect them against malicious waves entering the brain. One of symptoms is also social withdrawal and depersonalization. That is intense anxiety and feeling of being unreal. Loss of appetite and loss of hygiene are common symptom of this illness. Hallucinations, for example, or hearing of things not actually present is the most famous symptom that people know about schizophrenia. The sense of being controlled by outside forces is rare, but present symptom of schizophrenia. These symptoms are grouped in positive, negative, cognitive and affective symptoms.