Hi, I'm sixteen years old and I was a pretty big smoker (marijuana). I started freshman year (I'm a junior now) and I have slowly declined in use ever since due to these horrible, nightmarish highs where I get lost in delusions (if that's what you want to call them) about myself. I think that I'm somehow inferior to everyone else (mental disorder or something) and that I've been this way my whole life, and that everyone is keeping it secret from me so I can live a happy life or whatever. It's really disturbing and is really unpleasant to even think about. I don't truly believe these weird perceptions, but they seemed really real when I got stoned. My parents (who I'm pretty close to) didn't approve of my marijuana use (as most parents I'm sure), but I'm wondering if this is somewhat the root of the issue. If the subconscious thought that I'm not totally mentally free in the use of this drug caused me to freak out in such a way. My grandfather was schizophrenic, and the thought that I'm somehow developing the disease scares me sh*tless. Especially when I was stoned. I don't truly believe that I am developing the disease really, but the thought is hard to escape. It's like the idea causes depression/anxiety and depression/anxiety cause me to think about it and I'm being buried alive by it all. I've been experiencing a little depersonalization due to all the depression/anxiety. When I'm happy this whole thing seems so minuscule and unimportant and deep down I know that it is, but most of the time (because of depression/anxiety) it seems so big and haunting. Also, things appear to swim before me eyes sometimes like an optical illusion and I have these really strange thoughts like random voices of people I don't even know. I don't hear these voices, I just think them up, and they aren't mean or anything, they just say really random stuff. I read about the schizophrenia prodome phrase or whatever and it says 'disorganized thoughts', 'social isolation', 'anxiety' etc. And I have been experiencing all of the above but not to the extreme. I think I'm just going through some heavy depression / anxiety, but I would love other opinions. Please, help.

Thank you :-)

hi im bryan guigue,, we had the same problem facing, im f*****g so desturbe about it, please if you have been feel relief on it please share to me please,, e mail me the ans.

Marijuana can cause a form of schizophrenia that is not permanent, but only remains so if you continue smoking marijuana. I talked to a guy once who was hearing voices, quit smoking for 2 weeks, and they were gone. Seems to effect everyone differently.

Im feeling the EXACT same thing. the random thoughts/voices, the wierd perceptions. ive been having really bad anxiety latley on whether or not im going schizophrenic, and i notice all these affects after smoking weed for a few weeks. after i stop they seems to go away. really wish more people would answer on this telling us what it was. my anxiety level is through the freaking roof. im experianceing pretty much everything you are and it scares my to death.  please people answer on this!

Same thing here. Weird perception and thoughts, illusions, you know it. I feel totally lonely even around people like i was an asteroid lost somewhere outside the earth and going away from the sun. darkness. I can almost see the fear.

Strong marijuana from nowadays is very high on THC and low in other sedative cannabinnoids that counteract the effects of THC. And THC has a HUGE half-life (half life is half the time a substance stays in your body). The half life of THC is something around 13 days. So detoxing lasts more than withdrawals of a drug with short half-life. Doctors usually think that drugs of big half-life are easier and are no problem compared to short half-life drugs. I´m not a doctor but i´m inside the situation and i think that if the amount of THC (or other drug with big half-life) is very high, the withdrawals will last longer than wds from drugs with short half-life because lasts longer. An axample of this is methadone, used to treat opiates addiction. I never used opiates, but read many people who used it to treat opiates addiction saying that withdrawals from methadone are much much worse than wds from heroin, oxicontin, etc. and everybody knows that withdrawals from opiates are very real.

In fact, wds from all drugs are very real, some more physical, others more mental, but all drugs are both mentally and physically addictive in my opinion. 

My best advice for myself and for everybody is: slow down if you smoke a lot, don´t lose the goal. It´s hard for sensible people like me and for those who smoke high grade and a lot. But we need to do it. I can´t live like that. Maybe need to pass through hell to enter in the heaven but i think that i dont have another choice because the place i´m is already hell for me and i don´t want to stay here anymore. Good luck for you all.

"I don´t never wanna feel like i did that day

Take me to the place i love, take me all the way"