what is SCLEROSIS OF THE MASTOID?
My friend, a male, aged 42, has been reporting of hardness in the right ear (feeling of water in the ear) and dizziness on the right side; he actually feels sleepy on one side. A CT scan indicates SCLEROSIS of the MASTOID. Please help.

Well,

I have read once about this condition somewhere but I thought that this is only happening to children with Down syndrome. Is your friend sure about the diagnosis? I know that sometimes doctors can make mistakes. I am not sure if they can make this big of a mistake but this is serious condition and if your friend has it he needs to treat it as soon as possible. I am not sure what is the best option for the treatment. What did his doctors say? Did they told him what caused this condition in adults? He can have many complications with the ear if he doesn’t start the treatment. I hope this helped a bit.

Good luck,

Karel