Hi! I am hoping for some experiences. Will anyone join me on this thread? I was just diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, and need to know what treatments are best for the earliest stages of the disease. What medications are you using, and what do you think about them? Any other tips or suggestions would also be great. I am sure that there are a lot of unexpected things waiting for me, but for now I am trying to stay positive. Thanks.

Hi and welcome. Personally I am using Betaseron, but you will need to find the treatment that is best for you, together with the doctors that you are seeing. A personalized treatment program that takes into account all your symptoms, plus any other relevant factors, is so important when you have multiple sclerosis. I hope that you will be able to do a lot for a long time to come!

Thanks for your quick reply! I am happy to hear from you. Of course I am discussing treatment with my specialist, but I really wanted to hear from some people who have been there and done that - after all, the doctor does not have MS himself and can never know what it feels like. I even heard that some people in the early stages are not getting any kind of treatment, just go for regular check ups, but I would feel uncomfortable with that. ANy other opinions?