I have suffered from a whooshing/pulsing sound in my ears for the last 8 months. Both my GP and cardiologist did not seem to be worried by it.
By conincidence I have recently been prescribed Bethahistine 16mg tablets for an inner ear infection (vertigo) and within a week the whooshing/pulsing sound has disappeared. I am still on the medication but hopefully it will not return.

Hallo,
It seems to me that you had an ear infection all along but it was not that severe. Your body is usually able to fight the ear infection on its own but in some cases you will need help from medication. Doctors usually prescribe antibiotics but if you have pain you can use some over the counter pain killers as well. The whooshing sound in ears is often known as tinnitus. It is like pulsating sound that is constantly present and won’t go away. The good thing is that you managed to get rid of this problem and if I am not mistaking you won’t be having this problem any more.

Good luck,

Karel

Hi , My daughter has been suffering from the same thing...whooshing and pulsing sound in the left ear. Doctors seem to have no idea for it. She is going for blood tests, CT scan etc. It is definitely horrible thing to go through ! I am glad that you recovered . Could you e mail me and tell me details ? Who prescribed this medication, your doctor? Is it dangerous or strong medication? How long did you take medication for? Are there side effects? Thx in advance Jay

I have had a whooshng sound in my ear for over 6 weeks and it's driving me up a wall. I am going to ask my doctor about this medicine. Is there any side effects and is it a strong antibiotic? Thanks.

Hello Fellow Sufferers,
I have been suffering from inner ear whooshing for nearly two years now. It makes it impossible to sleep and/or hear anything. I also have malignant hypertension due to Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma and chronic severe pain from a spinal cord injury which happened 39 years ago. My doctors also do not give a damn about it so I understand your frustration. Please keep pursuing a treatment for your own piece of mind. Good luck to all of you and please post a solution if you find someone who cares enough to help. Thank you and may your God bless you.