For the appr past 2 years, I’ve had small blood blisters on my scrotum. They are limited only to the scrotum and don't itch, hurt or spread. They also slightly vary in size, but generally are very small. I also don’t think it’s a rash of some kind. Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I see a dermatologist? How could I get rid of them?

I don't know your age, but middle-aged men do get reddish-brown angiofibromas on the scrotum. They are not harmful and apart from appearance you don’t have to worry about them. I think they could be electrosurgery removed but I'm not sure it's worth it. Anyway, visit your GP (if you already haven’t) and see what he thinks of it. Bye.

I am 15 years old, and for a couple of months now have noticed 4-5 white lumps on my scrotum. Sometimes they turn pinkish, but there not going away. I am not sexually active. I was wondering if there was anyway to eliminate them without seeing a doctor, and if not approixmatley how long until they should be going away. I'm becoming self conscious about them, please help.

Im a 30 year old man. I have small blood filled "bubbles" that are almost blister like on my testicular sack. They arent painful but I popped one and it bled continously for about 30 minutes. With close examination I can see that they are attached to small blood vessels and appear almost like they're broken causing a small blood filled bubble to appear on top of the skin. I have approximatly 12 as of now, gaining from 1 - 3 new per month.

My wife was diagnosed with genital herpes 12 years ago when we first got together but i have always tested negetive. I say this because I am wondering if this may be the cause. I have pictures I can post but only if i'm told to do so. (I dont want pictures of my testicles on the net unless to prove helpful)

I would appreciate ANY and ALL comments or help with this issue.

Thank you in advance

I liken those blood blisters(angiofibromas) on the scrotum to very small hemmoriods. I have them and I apply Preparation H with the cream and aloe. I apply it thinly and sparingly. The vessels may shrink overnight. They may stay shrunk for about 3-4 days before you need to apply more Prep H. It works for me for temporary relief.

I had many of these blood blisters on the scrotum - called angiokeratoma of Fordyce. I went and bought a small block of dry ice, put it in a plastic bag and smashed it into little pieces. Then I took a small siver with a pair of tweezers and held the ice to the blisters for about 5 seconds each. In a few days they turned dark black, scabbed over, and then when the scabs fell off, there was only light-skinned scar tissue where the pesky blisters were. Much better. It's a cheap, effective, home-cure. No need to see a doctor.

hello,

I am a 16 year old male with a troubling problem I have small bubbles on my penis and scrotum the do not hurt,itch but they do spread it started about 1 year ago it started on my skin conecting the scrotum and the penis and spreads up to the tip of my penis and doesn't show signs of going away i have popes a few of them and a plaque like substance comes out please can you help me it is very troubling and has ruinined my self esteem please help me

Thank you,

How do you know if they are blood blisters or warts? Im 33 and they look like blood blisters. Ive popped one before and it bleed like crazy. Im assuming you cant pop genital warts?

Just trying to make sure they are blood blisters and not genital warts

to the 16yo geting small white lumps on his scrotum. they are most likely hair roots, thats what my dr told me when i was young and worried about the same thing.

your growing hair in places u havent had before. because the skin on the testes is very thin the hair isnt rooted vertically, it's rooted horizontaly and these roots may be visible as small lumps. some peoples are bigger than others.

Well, this is a new one on me.

In the 52 years that I have had a scrotum, I have not ever been concerned about how it looks. That is, I don't get down there much, and if my wife does get down there, it is usually in the dark... so who cares?

You do.
I understand that's why you are writing.

If you have blood blisters on the scrotum, they are no doubt well connected to the blood vessels, and if popped through any means, they will bleed quite a bit until the clot.

If they are unsightly, you may want to see your family doctor or a urologist to ask about them.

But considering someone has experiemented on himself and tried a dry ice treatment, I'm really surprised that he has so little scaring. Frankly, I don't even know where I'd look for a block of dry ice. It certainly won't last, and I would imagine the vendor would want to know what a kid was going to do with it before selling any.

I do know that when treating acne of the face in teens, some dermatologists will mix phisohex (sp?) with a little dry ice or liquid nitrogen, to make a freezing treatment. First, they heat up the face with a sun lamp, soften the oils and clogging materials in the pores. Then, with the face still warm, they will swipe the mixture of phisohex and frozen material to clean out the pores and medicate.

You are left with not only a sunburn, but a rosey red glow from the treatment for a day. Regular scrubbing daily or twice daily to remove black heads, etc is indicated.

What does this have to do with the scrotum? I would think that regular cleaning with soap and water would illiminate the concern over plugged pores, but the treatment with a shard of dry ice might also be a cauterizing agent.
I wouldn't do it. Unless you aren't concerned with scaring or making things worse, I wouldn't try it.

Your best bet is to talk to a doctor.

This condition is called angiokeratoma and is harmless. I started developing the condition when I was 30 (freaked and thought it was a type of cancer or disease). Went to three different dermatologists over the past few years to make certain nothing was wrong. All said the same thing. What was told to me is that there is basically a weakened area in the blood vessel and the blood pressure pushes it up to the surface. These will at times bleed, and you should treat it like you would treat a cut when shaving. They can be cauterized, but no telling whether more will develop. So, unless you just want to spend money and get burned, its not worth it. They will increase in size and number. But in the overall scheme of things, its pretty needless to worry about. My dermatologist also told me it happens more often than we realize (people just don't tend to talk about or go around showing their genitals off, so we don't realize it happens to others, and we freak out about it when it happens to us). Relax, you are perfectly ok. Talk to your dermatologist, and have them take a look at it, if it really bothers you.

For the pas couple of years I've had these re-occuring blood blisters on my scrotum. They are small blood filled bubbles and they will bleed like crazy for about 15 minutes. I don't like them and it prevented me from engaging in sexual relations, as I was afraid I might spread them to my partner. I went to the drug store and purchased Wartner wart removal system. This product allows you to zap the affected area with freezing like you would get in the doctor's office. I applied the product and now the blood blisters have been eliminated and have not returned. There is no sign that they were ever there. The product is great and can be purchased in any drug store in the wart removal product area. Try it, it works and you'll be glad you did. I sure am. Good luck....if you have any questions, feel free to contact me 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

hey im 22...., well i had sex w/ my girl and it was ruff and next thing you when we were done I had this blood blister. I was wondering if any can give some help because all i can say is Painful... it hurts when i walk and stand up ect....... its kinda emberassing... so thats why im asking for advice... on the web instead going to a doctor.

I noticed during sex that my husband has a dark black, blood blister on his scrotum. i asked him if it was painful to the touch? He replied, yes. We are both concerned if this is something that should be checked by a doctor or if we should be concerned. He is 53 years old and we havmarried fe been or 35 years, and at no time have either one of us seem this before. If you have any idea what this might be. We would appreciate hearing your information and advice.

Thank you

I went to the doctor this week with the same condition. I was freaking out for 5 days thinking I had caught some STD and was about to start calling up people and going on a rampage on why they didn't tell me. but thankfully held off on that until i saw the doctor.
To make a long story short, i'm sweating in the doctor's office thinking my life is about to be changed forever...he takes a look, and says that's not an STD. i'm like are you 100% positive? He looked at me like i was stupid and said, it's a condition called angiokeratoma, which I was hoping he'd say after looking at literally thousands of pictures of scrotums for the previous 3 days leading up to my appointment. You'd be surprised on how much ground you can cover looking at images all day. i'm not an artist, but I can probably draw a really good scrotum right now, just based on the images stuck in my head.
Anyway, if you shine a flashlight underneath the scrotum with the skin spread out, you'll see that every one of these bumps are over a blood vessel, and are pretty much red in color because they contain blood.
I'd say you have nothing to worry about...TRUST ME! If something showed up on the penis itself, u'd have something to worry about. I feel like I have a new lease on life because of this experience. I already accepted that I had genital warts and was kinda screwed because I didn't know what else it could be, but luckily it wasn't. From what he said, this is a VERY common thing in males. Because it's over a blood vessel, if somehow you picked or scraped it off, it would keep on bleeding for a LONG TIME! He also said if you're not sure it's herpes, it's probably not..cuz you'd know.