I have what appears to be where the smaller blood vessel are present areas that seem to contain the blood causing a small "blood pocket" or slightly enlarged blood vessel. They run strictly on the smaller blood vessels and resemble a "blister" but their not.

There is no pain assoicated with them. Should In be concerned.

Did you get an answer to this? I just noticed the same thing today. Very small bumps as you described. Seem to be at the end of a small vein.

Let me know.

I'm havein the same problem only much worse Imy veins all got thick and it caused insane amounts of pain
now I think its messing with my nerves and spreading threwout my body
it even made the veins pop out in my eyes

I'm experiencing a similar problem -- reddened and enlarged blood vessels on the surface of the shaft of the penis, sometimes forming small, round blister-like patches (with no fluid, so I don't think it's HSV). Also, this is accompanied by pain and irritation. Anyone have similar symptoms or know what this could be?

Thanks

To the guest from 3/04/07, your symptoms are eerily similar to mine. I swore I must be the only person in the world suffering from this. I am convinced it's some kind of bacterial, fungal, or parastical infection. Where are you located in the US? Let me know if you find anything out from any docs, most I've been to are useless, just say fair skin, rosacea, etc. I can be reached at ****** Thanks.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

anybody get an answer?

Some guy I know at work said he got a yeast infection from the hot tubs. I have the same problem, it is probably from the ladies

Angiokeratoma of the Scrotum
Angiokeratomas are typically asymptomatic, 2- to 5-mm, blue-to-red papules with a scaly surface located on the scrotum, shaft of penis, labia majora, inner thigh, or lower abdomen. Histologically, they are composed of dilated ectatic capillaries in the superficial dermis with overlying epidermal hyperplasia.

Precise data on their frequency and distribution are lacking, although estimations have been made. The principle morbidity comes from bleeding, anxiety, and overtreatment due to misdiagnosis by physicians. Usually, they do not require treatment. If treatment is needed, then locally destructive methods including laser, electrocoagulation, excision, or cryotherapy may be used.
Further info: http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic28.htm

Angiokeratoma of the Scrotum

Background: In 1896, John Addison Fordyce first described angiokeratomas of Fordyce on the scrotum of a 60-year-old man. Angiokeratomas are typically asymptomatic, 2- to 5-mm, blue-to-red papules with a scaly surface located on the scrotum, shaft of penis, labia majora, inner thigh, or lower abdomen. Histologically, they are composed of dilated ectatic capillaries in the superficial dermis with overlying epidermal hyperplasia.
Precise data on their frequency and distribution are lacking, although estimations have been made. The principle morbidity comes from bleeding, anxiety, and overtreatment due to misdiagnosis by physicians. Usually, they do not require treatment.
Further INFO: http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic28.htm

you are all INSANE!

if you look closer, you will notice that on the surface of your scrotum
skin, there are many many tiny delicate fragile blood vessels, that may
become traumatized during rough intercourse. if you apply too much pressure to these fragile vessels, they may develope "stretched out"
pockets along their length, where blood may pool. its not dangerous, and its not a disease, and its just not that pretty. but my girlfriend still goes down there for a little fun anyway. its not that bad. doctors have told me this information first hand. so not to worry. i just want to see if they have found a way to laser them off so my gal doesnt have to look at them every time
she goes down on me.

peace out.

hi when i went to tho doctor with the same thing (white blistery looking lumps) he told me is was a sweat gland that had been blocked and started swelling up. mt doctor gave me a shot course of antibiotics and after a few days it cleared up itslef

So, I have had the same thing for about ten years now. Where at the end of the small blood capillaries on my scrotum, forms a little blood blister. They can itch a lot or have a sharp sudden pain (similar to being bitten by an insect). They often end up bursting over time (& make a bloody mess!) then scab over. Years ago, when I could be bothered, I went to a dermatologist who Lasered them off, the pain was similar to that of mini cigarette burns to the locations, but was effective.

You have angiokerotoma of fordyce

thanx 08/07/08 ur the only one hoo made me feel arite about this situation, although, have you found any laser treatment yet?

I thought I had some std too when I first saw this. I was so freaking out too. So I went to the clinic ..and the NP said it wasn't, but she couldn't identify what the name was or how to treat it. I ended up going to the dermatologist, and when she first saw it .. i believe it was what she called "Angiokeratoma" that's what it sounded like ... I was laying down with my bazooka hanging free and wild so I didnt quite hear what the two dermatologist's were saying. But the main point here is that... when i blanched (press down) on the little small papules, it would fade away... and then refill with blood ...thus broken capillary vessel. So the dermatologist just zapped it with a laser to close the vessel .. and it stung really bad ... and that was that.