Yesterday morning i woke up with my outter nose hurting. the pain felt like i had a runny nose all night and i had been rubbing it with tissue..i thought i was just breaking out with pimples. Later that day after i showered i saw that they were small blisters. they hurt really bad..does anyone know what this could be or what could have caused it? please..some one im kinda worried cuz its pretty gross.. thanks

It's herpes - just like the cold sores that people get round their mouths. Use cold sore treatment.

Its not cold sores......It's a thing called IMPETIGO, they are caused by some kind of infection and appear after you have had a cold....I have gotten this since i was about 2 years old and i'm now 31 so please listen the that guy ok......the only thing that you can do for it is to put bag balm on them at night because if the open they will spread......by using bag balm if they do open at night the fluid will not touch your skin and it will not spread......I hope this has helped you

Wow, can't believe I found someone with the same type of symptoms, only this is the first time I've had this happen. It indeed did appear right after my first cold in many many long years.

Although I get blisters on the tongue and use Zilactin to treat this on advise of my dentist, I'm also trying it on this tender blister which in my case is right on the end of my nose in the most conspicuous place. Zilactin made that spot burn a little, so hope it has some effect. So far I've used a mild formula of Sea Breeze, peroxide which turned it ugly white, Stridex wipes, and have some OXY acne treatment sitting in the sidelines. lol I want this thing gone!

First appearance I scratched at it - HUGE mistake. %-) Thanks for the info you've all added here. At least I have some idea what I'm up against.

It worked!!! :-D

Wanted to return and let others know Zilactin got rid of that miserable sore. After applying one drop 4 times the blister shrunk and vanished by the following morning. What a relief to know there is a way to fix this... if it happens again, and often cold sores, canker sores, etc. do return once they've taken hold of an area as I can attest from experience.

At least it worked for me, hope it helps someone else too.

I have the same thing. This started last week when I had a slight cold, I felt the tenderness coming on the rim of my nose (I had the same thing last year in the same exact spot) My nose became tender and red and when I woke up saturday morning there it was a perfect circle size sore. kinda like rudolf the red nose, but on the side. gosh....I am so pissed.
I went out and got some abbreva this weekend. ($20 - dam) I will see how long it takes to heal. It seems to be doing something.
I'm glad to read that others know what I'm going thru.

I have always had fever blisters yuck!!! I have lived with them since I was very young. I am now 41 and they keep coming. When I remember to take my L-Lysine I do fine.

However, in the last couple of years I have started getting them on my nose. I have to say they are worse when I wake with one. If I catch it in time, sometimes with the help of abreeva I can keep it at bay.

The nose sores are very different. They hurt and last a lot longer. They are always for me large and in a couple of breakouts. It is so nice to hear that I am not the only one that has this problem but I am sorry for those of you who have to contend with this unsightly and very hurtful problem.

I have been getting blisters in my left nostril or my right nostril for about 10 years now, I have NO idea how I got Herpes... but it seems right before my period I get a blister. I use acyclovir and also a antibiotic cream called Mupirocin Ointment. Its horrible horrible. :x

i get them too, not due to colds or fever, it just happens, eww. There are about 6 all together in one big clump, i have been putting Vaseline on them to keep them from popping, cause wow, that's an ugly mess that i don't want to have ever again. Im going to try the cold sore stuff, and see if that helps. thanks!

I have lived with his for a LONG time... And i hate it.. I am 19 years old and a performer.. I have always used abreva on my nose sores and take Valtrex and it seems to take a LONG time to work... It does the rick but it takse really long. I can't seem to find any thing that will make it go away in a few days. Does any one know of anything? They are a bunch of little sores that crust up after i start the abreva. then they get hard and scab up!!! It is HIDEOUS! And i have been told not to put make up on them... But i do anyways because i can't be on stage performing for thousands of people with a huge scab showing!! Please help me....

I have had this for years. It is NOT herpes, it is Impetigo. Same thing, a little circle of small, painful blisters on my nostril or nostril area, that can become quite a mess if you do not deal with them at the onset. As soon as I feel it coming on, I grab the OXY (acne cream) and use a q-tip and spread it on. I put it on as often as I can. It is usually gone or at least unnoticeable within forty-eigth hours...but do not touch it. Just OXY with Q-Tip, clears it for me everytime.

I just came from the doctors and was given antibiotics. I refuse to take them because I was given bactrim once and it worked great! I know its IMPETIGO and can spread it not taken care of.l >:(

OMG!!!!! Cant believe ive found other people with the same condition! Ive never known anyone else to have it? Ive had it for the last 3 years. Its herrendous. The 1st time i got it, it took months to go and it left me scarred. Got it again the following year and thought i had grown out of it as i hadnt had it since then yesterday it started to flare up again. What a nightmare. Doctor told me when i first got it to put cold sore cream on it. It took months to finally go! If anyone could recommend ANYTHING i will give it a go. Its so embarressing walking round with horrible scabs right on the end of your nose! Help!

Cant believe there are other people suffering from the same thing. My doctor seems baffled..said staff infection then shingles and now he's unsure. I've never researched impetigo...add that to the list.

Try New Silver Solution.
I got those for the past years, while I am having a cold, they extend inside all my nose, and they take weeks to heal. Bleeding, and horrible hurting.

With New Silver Solution they are gone in a few days.
Use the gell and the watery solution to spray inside the nose.