Hello, for the past few days I have noticed a blue light appearing below newer halogen headlights when I am driving. It is instant and does not matter what time of day or type of visibly on the road. I see it in my mirrors or when staring directly at a vehicles headlights (day and night). 

It appears the light from the headlights is allowing me to see another light directly underneath, which is appearing blue. It also seems as if there are another set of blue headlights under the first set.

I am aware that halogen lights appear to have blue in them, but that is not what I am seeing. In fact, I do not even see a blueish tint to the actual headlights, rather I see it separate and specifically below. It is almost as if I am seeing an instantaneous after-imagine (for staring into light too long) or just a second pair of bright blue fog lights or parking lights. 

I am not sure if this is serious or just a normal less common reaction. I am 30 years old, female, and the light is not a halo effect. I just can't seem to find any direct information on this experience.

I see the same thing people that can't see the blue light don't understand it drive's me insane It's like a brute blue LED while looking at headlights only certain one's though

Same here. This has happened twice so far. First time on a big rig at night. The second on a jeep during the day. No one else sees it. I wear glasses. Do you?

I see it too. I found this link while trying to research why i see that blue light!

I see it too. The optician made me new lenses but it is worse now. I find it very distracting when driving... especially at night. I can see it indoors with led lights as well, but it doesn't bother me as much.

I see it too. What is it? I can’t figure it out.

Came to this thread looking for an answer, so for research purposes: I see it when I wear glasses, but not when wearing contacts

I just started seeing it, how long has this been going on for everyone? Has it gone away ever or gotten better or worse?

I see it as well. It's a pretty shade of medium/dark blue. At first I thought it was some trendy new thing, some kind of accent light people were adding under their headlights or something. Then I started to look closer while at stop signs and lights. The blue "light" for me is usually offset to the lower left of the headlight I am looking at, but usually will actually "shift" or "rotate" to the lower right of the headlight as the vehicle draws nearer to me.

I am wondering if this is some sort of reflaction due to my glasses and that specific wavelength of light coming off those halogen lamps. I see it almost every day now, always with headlights of that one specfic "whiteness" of light. I have noticed I can see that particular blue from cars quite a distance away, as if the blue is almost as high in intensity as the rest of the headlight itself.

Health Guru
It's probably the Xeon or hid as they are also know bulb as they give of a slight blue hue that seems to eminate from the edges.