When it gets warmer do any of you ride in the dark? Specifically, my best time to train is 5 am. I can run at this time no problem. Where I would ride is in my neighborhood where traffic at that time would be basically non-existent.

Good idea, bad idea, or a qualified ok idea (ok=if you really think you can dodge the paper guy, then go for it).

I'm too scared but its definitely do-able, I see cyclists all the time at 5 am here. PH has a really cool high powered light, that if its like any of the ones I've seen on bikes here looks like a motor cycle or car with a headlight out, no doubts that you are on the road. Of course, he also owns the entire Nashbar.com catalog in "Hi-Viz" yellow.

Get a bright head, a couple of bright tail lights and tons of reflective gear/bright yellow stuff.

Riding at night is alright, you just cant zip down the hills because your visibility will be limited. Less traffic though, so that's a big plus.

I agree with PH.

Get a good light for the front and a blinkie light for the back (I wear mine on the back of my shorts, along with the reflective vest

I have this one: It small but it is very bright.

It is $29.99 at Performance Bike