very often I will call students to line up according different colors that they might be wearing. I save blue for last as so many students wear blue jeans. When I call blue, I almost always have students stay in their seats, eventhough they are wearing blue jeans. Why is this? i end up saying "hey student name, what color are those blue jeans?" it happens very often. what is it about blue jeans that most people don't think of them as being blue?

Maybe they are supposed to be indigo?

I think it's more that people don't associate colors with pants. What color you are wearing is generally referring to a top article of clothing.

Can you believe I'm speechless??

Me either. :|

:1:
We think of them as "jeans" not "blue jeans". I'd say that I'm wearing a red shirt (wouldn't be more specific than that), but wouldn't mention the "blue" jeans or brown shoes.

they're just jeans. they aren't blue pants. if we had to wear something blue tomorrow, i would never suggest jeans. jeans aren't colored, they're just denim. blue is a color but jeans aren't blue in the true sense of blue.
should i go on?

JEANS DON'T COUNT cuz everything goes with jeans. everything wouldn't go with blue pants though. get it?

We didn't call them by color, they were DUNGAREES until Vaughn Monroe came along with his song about "He wore black denim trousers and motorcycle boots" which didn't make much sense to us because the denim produced for the famous Levis at the Amoskeag Mills a few miles from me was blue and we had never seen any other color. I think Wrangler marketed theirs as "Western Blue Jeans". Later they began producing denim in different colors. Levis were very heavy and baggy back then and we thought of them as work pants or farmers pants probably like the fire hose pants of today so we preferred the Wranglers with a slim cut to show off our cute boy butts for the girls and some of them did the same. They weren't truly blue as the manufacturing process was to use blue thread for the warp and white or more natural cotton color for the woof.

Actually, isn't the color of today's fashionable jeans best described as dirt?

How are the test scores for those kids?

Dirt and skin