My husband was under treatment called Conductive keratoplasty. He suffered from moderate farsightedness and his doctor thought that this would be most appropriate treatment for him. Anyway soon after the procedure he complained seeing starbursts. I believe that it side effects from Conductive keratoplasty. Am I right? Is it possible that something like seeing starburst occur after the procedure?

Conductive keratoplasty has allowed many people to lessen their dependency on glasses and usually provides nearly instantaneous vision improvement. Side effects are very rare. However, it is a refractive surgery, and as with any refractive procedure, potential side effects do exist: visual problems such as seeing starbursts or halos around lights at nighttime, hazy vision, double vision, sensitivity to light, dry eye….Each of these side effects can be temporary, but I think he should consult doctor about it.

Well,
The fact is that this can really be a side effect from the surgery. How much time has passed from this surgery? The starbursts are also known as eye flashes or eye floaters. This is not a rare condition and you have to know that this can also be age related because some people have this problems as a response to older age and problem with optical nerve. This is usually cased by the changes in vitreous gel. The good thing is that this can be treated with surgery and he should be fine. He needs to talk to his doctor first about this. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best,
Nelie