I am hoping some one will have some ideas to this problem. I started swimming in a masters program and I love it. But as the 1.5 hour session goes on, I notice that my vision starts to get a little blurry. By the time we are done, I am seeing double. :umno: After about an hour or so, it all clears up and I see fine. I wear contacts but they are in place the whole time. This only happens when swiming, I have never had problem like this any other time. Could it be the goggles?

Is it the goggles perhaps pressing on a nerve around your eyes?

That's crazy.

Have you tried staring at something far away periodically? Are your eyes getting tired or stressed by staring at something always the same distance away? I know that after staring at the monitor all day, my eyes get a bit blurry at the end of the day - but not as bad as yours get!

The only other thing I can think of is to get graded/indexed goggles. Speedo makes them, and they are like prescription goggles, but both sides are the same strength. If you have the same issue, it's not related to the contacts.

I have never had this problem with just swimming/horsing around in the pool, so I don't think it is the chlorine or the water. I don't have this problem from exercise (unless it is all the holding of breath that I am doing). I am thinking about just putting on my goggles at home one night for a while and seeing if that does it. I also bought some of these.

I am hoping that maybe my astigmatism is aggravated by the goggles pushing my eyes apart. (sometimes certain sunglass give me a headache because of that.)

and hollywood, it was a triple post! :h:

If my goggles don't fit right they screw with my eyes. That was my only help. sorry!

Cool - what make/model?

Cool - what make/model?
aqua sphere - Seal XP. They're triathlon goggles.... :umno:
I'm swear, I'm not going to get into that craziness!

BS. That's what I said too.
I double-dog dare ya to sign up for one next year!

BS. That's what I said too.
:umno: I don't own a bike, so I am safe for a little bit. (I do plan on getting one for next spring however)