i moved to a different country 5 years ago, its when my eye problems started, obviously the daylight is different here than it used to be at home, and my eyes are so sensitive to daylight, i feel discomfort in them all the time when outside at daytime, doesnt matter its sunny or cloudy, my eyes kind of hurt because of light, and i dont see properly, i do see but its like i need to tense my eyes so hard just to keep them open, and my vision isnt clear at all. Ive seen optician in the past years, but after the tests they done to my eyes, they didnt see anything abnormal and all i got was a pair of reading glasses !!! By now i guess i do need to wear proper glasses because i think i have damaged my eyes with all this light sensitivity thing :/ but seeing an optician again feels like waste of time... Has any1 experienced something similar ??? 

Hello Imadoll,

Photophobia is the medical term for what you have.  Are you taking any kind of medications that could possibly have a side effect as photophobia? Not all eye problems are caused because of something regarding your eyes. There are nerves that are sent to your eyes and sometimes those nerves can be traced back to an underlying condition. Since your eye doctor already tested your eyes, I would suggest seeing your primary care provider next. They can run furtehr tests, now that any damage or infections of the eyes have been ruled out. In the meantime you can try these possible remedies:

Photochromic lenses are another solution for mild sun sensitivity. These lenses darken automatically outdoors and block 100 percent of the sun's UV rays.

Certain nutrients such as lutein, zeaxanthin, bilberry, vinpocetine, l-lysine, a number of vitamins & enzymes, and fish oil may help with light sensitivity and help preserve vision as well.

Just make sure they are solely fish oils and not marine oils.

hi, Birdwatcher123,

Thanks for reply, yes, i was taking medication, it was antidepressant called Citalopram, as i had depression for a year n half, but ive stopped the meds, so it couldnt be the problem. And, yes, i should see a doctor about it, coz it really has an affect on everything i do, it also makes me kind of nervous n anxious, when im in daylight ;(

and, also, i would like to know where can i get these photochromic lenses, as i cant really wear glasses all the time because of my work :/ and contact lenses would be really good for me, i guess :)