My father is 67 years old and he has been dealing with diabetes for almost a decade now. Even though he never had any major problems, it seems like he has them now. Actually, I have noticed slight speech slurring and concentration problems, but I am not so sure how to tell him that.

It looks like your father is having some difficulties and that might come from diabetes. Unfortunately, that is a condition that might lead to several symptoms (especially when the sugar level in the blood is extremely high). If you say that those changes are that serious, then you should take your father to his doctor.

Hallo,
The main problem with diabetes is that there is no treatment for it. You can only manage it which makes this disease a lifelong problem. You father is fighting this condition for very long period of time. The thing is that after some period of time living with diabetes can make your nerves damaged and there for your father might be experiencing his speech problems. Diabetes can influence also on your fathers eye vision and on the blood pressure. Do you know if your father has any issues with this condition as well? Can you tell me more about his diet? Sometimes these things can be prolonged with good and healthy diet. He should control his cholesterol as much as he can.