I had a blockage in the artery that goes to my left arm and the back of my brain and I had a stent put in on March 22, 2013.  I was passing out all the time and there was a 95% blockage.  I had all kinds of energy for three days and now I'm back to being exhausted all day.  On Friday April 5, 2013 on my way home from my cardiologist I started having a weird feeling in my left arm along with the squeezing feeling in my chest.  The feeling goes from my shoulder to my left elbow and then to my left wrist.  It's a numbing feeling almost like there is a band around my left arm causing the arm to be numb.  But the numbness is on the top part of the arm from the elbow to the wrist.  It is really causing me some concern.  The blood pressure is 15 - 30 points lower in the left arm compared to my right arm.  for example, Lt arm 103/61, Rt arm 140/73.  Could there be a blood clot causing this?

Hi Worried,

Go back to your cardiologist/doctor ASAP.

The weird feeling/squeezing feeling could indicate possible cardiac problems but it very well could also be a problem with the stent.

The blood pressure, you can have some variation arm to arm but that is excessive, more than 10-15 points can be a concern.

A blood clot is one possibility. 

Please see your doctor.  It is not over reacting to have these symptoms checked out.

I had the squeezing feeling in my chest during my visit with my cardiologist, my EKG was basically normal but I was supposed to have a ultrasound of the stent and it was postponed till April 16, 2013 due to my insurance authorization requirement. I am calling them tomorrow to see if it can be moved up.

Hi Worried,
Work with your cardiologist on this. Obviously, if he's ordering more tests, he suspects that there is a problem as well. The EKG is a good thing.

Hang in there. I'm sorry that you're being a victim of the health care system.

Good luck.