Hello! I used to have urinary infections many times. This is the only health problem which repeats and it really goes on my nerves. I usually feel pain and burning when urinating and my bladder hurts. Sometimes I also feel pain in my back. My doctor says I have to accept it and live with it. He usually prescribes antibiotics. I never have blood in my urine but I heard UTI can cause blood in your urine along burning. Is this true?

Hello! Urinary tract infection is the most common infection and it affects many people. The symptoms are usually burning and pain during urination as you already described. UTI can cause blood in the urine and it is the symptoms that bacteria have spread to the kidneys. Also, it can be a symptom of other severe diseases as bladder cancer. The best is visit your doctor if that happens and he will perform the needed examination of your bladder, kidney and urine.

Sure! Actually, the blood may be coming from your kidneys or from any area along your urinary tract. For example, it can come from your bladder, ureters or urethra. It is very, but VERY important to find blood in urine treatment.  If you let it untreated, it can lead to very serious things. But I think that you are aware of those dangerous things. The most common symptoms of this type of infections are pain passing urine and passing urine more often than normal. Also, kidney infections may occur as well. But also, this treatment will depend on the underlying cause for the blood in your urine. 

Please google uti prevention and see if some diet changes can at least alleviate some of your UTIs. Think cranberry juice.

Yes, it is true. I have a UTI right now, actually--and though I've had several before, this is the first time I've had blood in my urine. It's an indication of the infection spreading to the kidneys (microscopic cuts), but can also be from an abscess caused by the infection--which is much less serious (and I hope it's the case). From what I've read, it's been described that if the blood flow starts and stops during urine flow, it's just in the ureter, but if it's mixed in with the urine uniformly, then it could be in the bladder or further up in the urinary tract. So far I've had both happen, so I'm a little confused. I'm guessing the infection progressed.

It's a rather shocking thing to witness, having never experienced it before... I hope that it is not in my kidneys yet, so that I can scrape together enough money for a clinic.

Also, reforming your diet for prevention does not mean drinking more cranberry juice. Last time I had a UTI, my doctor informed me that cranberry juice does help with the infection, but if you don't have an infection, drinking too much of it can actually irritate your urinary tract and potentially cause one, so I'd avoid that.

I have a UTI and I have tried everything and nothing is helping! I have had blood in my poop but never in my urine until the past few days! It is killing me! I was up half the night crying, in pain, and taking different medicine. I have been to the doctor. What else can I  do?

D-Mannose is a supplement you can find at health food stores (Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc.). It works wonders in treating UTI's without having to use antibiotics. 1 tsp D-Mannose every 2-3 hours (in water) and continue that a few days after your symptoms go away to be sure it's gone.

Yes .... Its So True. I just found out that i had a UTI today. Its Hurts like hell. Also blood was in my urine every time i went to the bathroom feels like Im in the bathroom every ten minutes. But thank god that was all it was. Now meds kick in Please..

A SYMPTOM OF a urinary tract infection is NOT blood in the stool. That's two different issues. Symptoms of UTI may be burning sensation when peeing, urge to pee frequently, then not much comes out, pain when urinating etc... BLOOD IN THE STOOL is something else. If it is bright red, fresh blood, it could be a hemmoroid, or an anal fissue close to the anus. IF IT IS dark blood, that indicates bleeding higher up internally. You need to see a physician!! <<>>

I have a urine infection and i had it more than three times this year i also have blood in my urine and the antibiotics i take are not helping at all i feel even more pain than i did