I am anemic and was just wondering if that had anything to do with what I am about to talk about:

Every time I squat to workout or pick something up and stand up I get a little light headed, everything starts to go black then goes away, i get a little dizzy and feel like I am going to fall over, and I see spots of colors some times. Was just wondering what is the problem?

Hi Guest,

It's probably orthostatic hypotension.  Basically, your blood pressure drops when you stand.

Being anemic won't help matters.

Check with your doctor and describe EXACTLY what happens and WHEN it happens.  Just checking your BP while sitting down isn't going to give him the full picture.

Good luck.

Thank you. My dad calls me a hypochondriac because I have anxiety, even though he won't take me to get diagnosed even though he keeps saying he will. I've said things about it before and he says that's weird but doesn't do anything about it. Are there any problems that it can cause like diabetes because it runs in the family genetics, but I am not overweight but there is always the other type of diabetes. I may just be over reacting but I was just wondering if it was worth going to get it checked because I though blood pressure had something to do with diabetes. Thank you.