I'm a 26 year old female who is generally healthy. I am a little overweight but I've been changing my lifestyle and I have lost 7 pounds in 4 weeks so far.

2 days ago, I was walking around a store called Big Lots and I became lightheaded and felt like I was going to faint. Luckily, I wasn't by myself so I had my sister pay for my things while I sat in one of their garden chairs to recover. Ever since this episode, I've been experiencing constant lightheadedness and I was wondering what it could be.

I do have a history of low blood pressure and dizzy/fainting spells but the last time I actually fainted was in 2010 in June. I also remember getting dizzy and falling over for about 2 days and the room was literally spinning. I also have constant ringing in my ears. It's not loud but it's there if I pay attention to it. I went to the doctor and they gave me Meclizine for the spinning that happens everytime I bend or lie down. They also recommended me to an ENT doctor but I had to cancel the appointment because of insurance problems. I haven't had the spinning anymore, though. 

I noticed that my blood pressure drops when I'm standing or when I go outside in hot, humid weather which is what we just got the last 2 days. I also feel pressure around my eyes and nose when I feel the lightheadedness. I've been feeling fatigue lately and also have not been sleeping well. I also have asthma and bad allergies so I was thinking it was allergies causing it. My asthma has been acting up lately also and I had to use my rescue inhaler more.

I recently changed my diet also and have been trying to lose weight. I've been drinking a lot of water but I still get lightheaded walking around and driving. I haven't driven since I got the lightheadedness feeling while driving. I was afraid of passing out and having an accident. Because of this, I haven't been back to my job in 2 days so far but I plan to go tomorrow.

My family has a history of high blood pressure, allergies, asthma, high cholesterol, and diabetes. I know that I do not have high blood pressure because my pressure stays on the low side. I am worried about having diabetes, anemia, or a low blood pressure problem. I haven't had any symptoms of diabetes except the fatigue and dizziness I get when I skip meals. 

Should I go ahead and go to the doctor to get screened for anything or should I wait it out? What do you think it could be? Could my lightheadedness be from the change in my diet and lifestyle?

I've recently had some similar problems. I will feel severly lightheaded out of nowhere. I am generally healthy but overweight. It would happen at work, at a restaurant, at a store, etc. Anytime that I need to focus or might get stressed. When it first happened I went to the ER. I took a lot of tests and everything was negative. They gave me Meclizine for dizziness, and it didn't work. I read of something called Labyrithitis, which you may have. It's an inner-ear thing that causes episodes of dizziness and ear ringing. I went to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor, and nothing was wrong. I ended up being diagnosed with panic attacks, and was prescribed Xanax. It was also determined that I was slightly Hypothyroid. I also have Premature Ventricular Contractions, which means my heart has extra beats. The palpitations seem to be related to my lightheadedness, so I am seeing a Cardiologist. I think my blood pressure is high, even though low blood pressure is what causes lightheadedness.

Have you checked your heart rate when you're having an episode? If your heart rate is high during an episode, it could be a panic attack. They can come out of nowhere, even when you are not panicking. It could be a change in your lifestyle, but you should still rule out anything else. I think you should see your regular doctor and get a simple blood test. If he/she thinks you should see a cardiologist or a neurologist or an ENT, do it.

Also, never underestimate allergies! The weather is changing right now!

Get checked for orthostatic hypotension. You need to find a place that has the proper lab set-up to be truly diagnozed properly

I am a 57 year old woman and i have been experienced lightheaded shortness of breath and headaches. I have been to every doctor there is. I went to a neurologist to have EEG done and found out i am having siezure activity but not sure why.they sent me for an MRI but haven't heard anything yet.Will let you know what i find out. I cannot go shopping without getting

Almost same feelings but cannot find the answer