I need some advice about hypotension the orthostatic one for my teenager is recently diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension and I am desperate for I was told there is no special cure to this condition especially regarding the fact I also suffer from orthostatic hypotension but somehow am managing to control it. The problem is I am desperate my teenage son experience the same unbearable symptoms such as dizziness and this awful fatigue and he also started suffering urine problems as well as dry skin difficulties due to the loss of sweating as the orthostatic hypotension consequence. Anyway I would like someone reconfirm to me what are the best help tips for teenager orthostatic hypotension? Thanks!

Well the treatment would be the same also for your teenager as it is for you –in your case I would say orthostatic hypotension is hereditary so it would be sort of much harder to control it but anyway help tips are – intake larger amount of salt and water especially when there is urine hold problem which is one of the main symptoms of orthostatic hypotension and you should keep reminding him on measuring his blood pressure daily which needs to be done in standing or lying position. One of the help tips which could decrease the symptoms in your teenager with orthostatic hypotension is sleeping on pillows which are elevated at about 4-6 inches and you will see within few days the result could be obvious but also having some orthostatic exercise could be of help here. I don't now how old your teenager is but 2 cups of strong coffee in the morning is what helps me a lot for it is been for years I also suffer from orthostatic hypotension and I also started taking recently inderal –that is kind of a beta-blocker in combination with erythropoietin which could only be prescribed only if your teenager doesn't have anemia. Anyway regarding these meds you should first seek an advice from the doc.

NO, no caffeine whatsovere. it will dehydrate her and will call more orthostasis.
I am suffering from the same problem.
the doctors told me gatorade for the electrolites and sodium and boost/ensurer/instant carnatuon breakfast for the vitamins.
it could bc of stress and anxiety or a weight loss to much for your heart.

I agree with Guest! I have the same condition and I have gone to a cardiologist and they have said Gatorade helps.  Also they say to rinse with water because it also sets you up for some bad cavities

Scary stuff here. DO NOT give a teenager a ton of caffeine. AND THEN, there's a slight chance that anemia is a factor...in which case, you should ask your HCP if some erythropoetin would be a good idea. Get tested, of course, to make sure it's the right type of anemia. Just goes to show you, don't trust everything you read on the interwebs.