Good day everyone. I wanted to start this topic a long time ago, but I don't know why I haven't. Probably I forgot about it. But now I remember this topic because my friend started to talk about hypotension and we started to talk is this very common or not? So, I would like that you tell us your experience, your opinion about this. Concrete, my main question and I hope that this topic will be based on it is - how common is hypotension and what are the risk factors of it?

Let us know what do you know. 

Hey. It is very common and that is why it can happen to anyone. But certain types of low blood pressure are common deepening on your age or some other risk factors. For example, drops in the blood pressure on standing or after eating can affect this. People who are taking a medications for high blood pressure such as alpha blocker can have risk of low blood pressure. Certain diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, diabetes and some other heart conditions can also be a risky for getting low blood pressure. Of course that it needs to be healed because it can lead to some dangerous problems with your health generally.

Hello everyone. Generally, I believe that hypotension is very, very common lately. I don't know is this because of the way that we live today or something else is not OK, but when I am at ER with my wife, I see a lot of people who are dealing with this problem. The risk factors can be really bad and if you don't treat this condition it can lead to something that is fatal. And I am sure that you don't want that. There are so many ways to treat it, but I am sure that your doctor will prescribe a medication to you. 

Hi. I didn’t know that this is that common. I remember when my doctor told me that hypotensive episodes are common during anesthesia, and controlled hypotension was once even a popular technique for reducing blood loss during surgery. That is what I know, but I didn’t know that a lot of people are having problems with it. However, because of the unpredictability of cerebral and other organ damage resulting from hypotension, most modern anesthesiologists employ controlled hypotension very sparingly, or not at all. I just know that there is so – called Orthostatic hypotension is especially common in older adults, with as many as 20 percent of those older than age 65 experiencing orthostatic hypotension.

Hello everyone. There are a lot of risk factors but one is very important and sometimes the most important - Age. The risk of high blood pressure increases as you age. It happens usually after 45 years and high blood pressure is more common in men. Women are more likely to develop high blood pressure after age 65. High blood pressure also tends to run in families. Also, if you have some extra weight that also can be a risk factor because the more you weigh the more blood you need to supply oxygen and nutrients to your tissues. Also, you should be active if you want to prevent risk factors.

Yes, I totally agree with you that ages and the current health conditions have to do a lot with hypotension. Also, if you are overweight that can cause a lot of health damage for you. Generally, healthy person can get some heart issues if its overweight, so that is why everyone of us needs to do something about it. Even those who don't have any problems with it. Being overweight can lead to the cholesterol and bad cholesterol can lead to the heart issues.