ive been diagnosed with bipolar about a yr ago and every so often i go into a manic state were every thing has to be done lightining fast abit like now.. Ive been awake for 30 or so hrs and ive started sein things at the back of my house.. im sure they cant be real because what kinda people would  be stood ontop of a library building  at 4am.. theres a few of them ive tried shouting at them but they wont move or even flinch.. simply ,, what the hell should i do?? is this the start of something worse?? im scared of mentioning it to my wife or family as they'le no doubt call my case worker an i dont really fancy having 1 of those kinda chats as they make me feel like a nutter..  any suggestions?? 

If the hallucinations are not usually a factor in your bi-polar disorder, I would bet my beans on you suffering the effects of sleep deprivation.

Not bi-polar myself, but I am hyperactive and often do all nighters....my longest is 3 days without sleep. After around 30 hours awake, I start experiencing audio and visual hallucinations. They usually don't last very long and because I'm used to doing this, I expect them and don't pay any attention to them. They range from hearing parties in the next room and hearing sounds from the TV when it's off to seeing shadows in my kitchen or cats (that I don't own) sitting on my stairs.

What you need to do is sleep. If you're on meds, I wouldn't advise taking anything chemical to help you sleep- perhaps a calming herbal tea and a nice warm bath?  

I hope that you are on medications for your affliction. If you're not sleeping and are having hallucinations, it sounds like you need a medication change. Your disorder will never go away. However you can become immune to some medications or simply need a change. Please talk with your doctor about this.

Shari R.
Licensed Master Social Worker

are the things you see regular? could you see them before you started not sleeping? hallucintaions are an effect of sleep deprivation. i am diagnosed with ADHD and ODD so i am VERY hyperactive and i usually only get about 2-3 hours of sleep every day, if any at all, the longest ive stayed up is around 42 hours and i was having hallucinations both at night and in the day time. im pretty sure that these hallucinations are just being caused by sleep deprivation. GO TO SLEEP!