Hello everyone,

I am in my 20s and I have been experience severe cramping. My menstrual cycle has been very normal since I was young. I have been on the Ortho Evra birth control patch for the past 3-4 year. I have not had any problems with it. However, 2 months ago I stopped using it (not because I wanted to get pregnant, but just a lot of stuff was going on in my family). So I went a whole month without using it.. and the week I was supposed to be on my menstrual cycle, I began using the patch again. So my patch change date is on Wednesday's and I put the patch on Thursday.. so basically I stopped my period from coming.. I did that 2 years ago because I wanted to change the date of switching my patch and everything was fine.

So this week I was supposed to take my patch off yesterday, in which I did. But the problem is that I began bleeding this Monday. I am supposed to be on my cycle in a few days from now.. but I already started.. I have been having really bad cramping and heavy bleeding. The pain comes and goes every 30 minutes or so.. but when it does come I have no choice but to crawl up into a ball.

My usual menstrual cycle would last 3 days and I would barely have cramps.. and if would have them I would have them the 1st day and medicine would help it. But now it is not helping at all. The pain feels like a blood clot is passing, but every time I checked, I didn't see any. Today, I was in the shower because the cramping was unbearable, and all of a sudden a huge clot came out (it was probably the size of oreo cookie)..

I have never had problems with blood clots before, so this is all frightening to me. I am really not sure what the problem might be. I plan on seeing my doctor if this goes on till Monday. I have been reading alot online.. but I have no clue what it might be though. I am going to get a pregnancy test, just in case I may be pregnant. If you could help me in any way if you have experience the same symptoms or know someone who has.