I have had blood clots during my menstrual cycle throughout the years -but now they seem to be extreme. They are huge and hardly any flow of blood. When I say huge - some are up to like 3 inches long and 1.5 inches wide. They come out in huge chunks - I don't mean to be so explicit but it's very odd to see something like that come out of you.

Health Advisor
Well, yes it does sound odd. Have you seen a doctor about it? Usually clots are no big deal and are just categorized under heavy periods when the blood flow is so strong and fast that the body doesn’t have the time to release those compounds that prevent coagulation.
However, if blood clots are what you pass instead of flowing blood, I would suggest you saw a doc and checked what could be happening.
If you are using birth control pills, they could be to blame but have it checked anyway.

I used to get large blood clots when having my period. Not as large as yours sound though. It turned out that I had endometriosis. I had surgery to get it all cleaned out. The stuff that normally forms and is released each month forms in other areas and has no where to go. It causes severe cramping.

I AM A 15 YEAR OLD TEENAGER. MY PERIODS ARE USHUALLY VERY LIGHT WITH SMALL CLOTS AND ONLY LAST FOR THREE TO FIVE DAYS. BUT THIS PERIOD IM HAVING TO CHANGE MY PAD LIKE EVERY 45 MINUTES. I KEEP MENSTRATING ALL OVER THE PLACE. I HAVE ALSO BEEN HAVING VERY LARGE AMOUNTS OF CLOTS AND THEY ARE DARK RED AND AND LOOK LIKE JELLY SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?

Hope you checked out a doctor about your concerns. Sounds like it could be something you need to take care soon.