I have been cramping on and off since ovulation time and I think that it has gotten moderately worse in the last two days. It sure feels like it could be my period, but I guess I am still holding out hope it could be cramps before implantation. I still do not have any bleeding, but is it still possible that this could be implantation? I would like to hear if implantation cramps feel like period cramps. I would appreciate anyone's answer because I am trying to conceive for a few months already.

First, you need to know that implantation usually is thought to start about six or seven days after ovulation. Anyway, it could start 3 days after a 3-day transfer, or the day after a 5-day transfer, depending from woman to woman. You can have menstrual-like cramping and bleeding during implantation, which is common symptom. However, often it is a silent process and most women do not experience cramps before implantation. I am telling you this although I am not a doctor, because I had long time until I finally get pregnant. Last month, on cycle day 27, I took a pregnancy test and it was a very faint positive, and then several tests after that one were negative. Then I began to feel cramps as my period was coming, only lighter in intensity and of less duration. However, my period did not come and I realized it could be cramps before implantation. Unfortunately, my doctor said that I had a chemical pregnancy, which is an early miscarriage. He told me it happens in up to 50% of pregnancies, where most women do not even know they were pregnant. Therefore, while cramping could be a sign of pregnancy and implantation, it can also be a sign of your menstrual cycles following an early miscarriage.

wow, i though i was the only one experiencing this problem. i am also trying to conceive but no luck yet. last month about a couple of days into ovulation i began experiencing moderat period like cramping. however, each day the cramping was getting worse. i had hoped it was implantion cramping. finally about cycle day 24 the cramping dissappeared. day 28 i no period and so i took a pregnancy test....the test returned NEGATIVE....and my period was late...i waited 2 more days, still no period so i went to a doctor adn told her my story. she advised i wait a few more days to see if i get my period. sure enough the day 31 i got my period. the delay in menstruation i was told was caused my an early miscarriage as well.. i am worried now cuz this month i am going through the same thing but the cramping is a lot less painfull compared to last month. now i am worried, i hope i dont hav a miscarriage again. wish me luck!!

I am trying to get prego and have been for over a year now. I am due for my period in less than a week, but had one of my horrible pre-period type headaches yesterday. All day yesterday and today I've had period type cramps, but I have no blood flow at all. I've been taking light does of fertility pills for the past few cycles, but there has been no luck. I ovulated around the 15th. Does anyone out there know what may be happening or think I may be prego this time?

To all of those who are having cramps and wondering if you are pregnant...I had cramps that felt just like I was going to start my period. after being a week late I took a test and found out I was indeed pregnant. So although it may not always be the case, know that it is very possible to have bad cramps and still be pregnant

I am feeling a bit relieved in one sense that I am not alone in this, but also scared, because I am also trying to get prego. I was diagnosed with PCOS a couple years ago, and have been up and down in my weight. But me and my bf have not been able to get pregnant, even when we had accidents and didn't want to. I took a home ovulation test and it showed i had the lh surge the 5th and 6th of this month. i had intercourse on the 6th, and am due with my period the end of this week - beginning of next. I too am feeling cramping, but no flow. I have been really tired this week, and my breasts are sore and swollen. Although these are signs of my period coming on, I was hoping it could be implantation and that i will have a postive test soon. Reading the miscarriage experiences is heartbreaking. Especially when we try so hard to time everything so right. Good luck to everyone!!! Hopefully I will be sharing some good news soon ... and that will give others hope that it is possible ...

I have had three children and with each of them I had severe cramping about 8 days after ovulation until I was late. The craming eventually ended after I found out I was pregnant.

Today I woke up with sharp period like pains in my lower left stomach, also having lower back pains as well as left leg pains. I am on day 23 of my cycle an trying to get pregnant. My doctor suggested that it might be implantation cramps and told me to take Tylenol. The Tylenol hasn't helped at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

HI there-just sharing I have 2 children & knew with both of them when preggo, and errr pretty sure I have a 3rd cooking. I had lower menstrual cramps, just real light, and then afternoon I had the most stabbing, take your breath away painful cramps in my lower uterus, mid abdomen, side and even a bit on my leg/hip. It was all on the right side, and it was not cramps at all, it was this radiating stabbing feel. I couldn't move for a bit & in fact it was difficult to breathe for a smidge.

I ended up going to the emergency room with my first daughter, I couldn't move and it was such a slicing pain with some nausea. I felt better after about 20 minutes or so, but we were already at the ER so waited. After 6hrs (gosh I hate waiting there) the Dr walks in and says, "well nothing is wrong, but your ARE preggo!" My husband said "shut up!" and there we go-blood test showed preg about a week or so. When it happened with my second I knew, and I just had that same pain last night.

This helped me so much.. my period was suppose to be here 9/24 did not come on the 2nd of Oct i had to use the restroom and there was some pink on the tissue i'd been sick with sinus/allergy symptoms for the last like 2 weeks and cramping and lower back ache i figured my period must finally be starting was weird to be so late, i've been pretty regular before. But i put a pad on and couple hours went by nothing on the pad.. so finally got home about 5:30 checked then nothing again.. nothing really on the tissue anymore so i figured maybe was my imagination.. well friday there was some more on the tissue and just a lil bit of a hint on the pad and i woke up friday morning 10/3 and my right lower back was KILLING ME and leg i could hardly stand/walk it would shoot pain up into my right side.. well i took tylenol n everything and that helped by friday night it was horrible pain.. i would have trouble breathing and that sometimes too.. almost had my husband take me to the ER well the spotting stopped and when i woke up saturday 10 days after period was due the pain was gone and i took a Preg Test came u negative.. so i thought not much about it.. and here i am monday morning with lower back pain again.. no bleeding i called my doctor n she wants to bring me in for a pelvic exam and blood testing! i was so horrified that having RIGHT side pain meant something was wrong cuz everyone says left side.. glad i'm not the only one and i could still mean i might be preg.

I had my last period 9/28/08 and around beginning of october my breasts have been sore and on 10/24/08 I woke up to use the bathroom around 9:00AM and saw just a little pink spotting but had no cramping which is unusual because I usually have a moderate to heavy flow which starts with mild cramping and then the flood gates open up!!! Around 1:00Pm I was cramping like never before which was more like getting a biopsy done (if you've ever had one done)and it was hard to stand at times. This only lasted about 2 hours with slight bleeding then the cramps went away and I am spotting slightly. My stomach seems sore like it went through some crazy trauma. It is 4 days before my next period is due. Was wondering what your thoughts on that was.

It has been 12 years since my last child and now me and my husband are trying to concieve. I had my last period 9/28/08 and around beginning of october my breasts have been sore and on 10/24/08 I woke up to use the bathroom around 9:00AM and saw just a little pink spotting but had no cramping which is unusual because I usually have a moderate to heavy flow which starts with mild cramping and then the flood gates open up!!! Around 1:00PM I was cramping like never before which was more like getting a biopsy done (if you've ever had one done)and it was hard to stand at times. This only lasted about 2 hours with slight bleeding then the cramps went away and I am spotting slightly. My stomach seems sore like it went through some crazy trauma. It is 4 days before my next period is due. Was wondering what your thoughts on that was.

im going through the same types of things. three times in the last 4-5 months i have had similar symptoms to what you are describing. it is so extremely confusing!!!! i don't know what to think. who knew trying to get pregnant could be so complicated. it is nice to know that other women are experiencing the same symptoms. it gives me a little comfort. I wasn't supposed to start my period until around sunday. here i am though... cramping with light spotting. (very unusual for me) i usually start a heavy flow period at the same time as menstrual cramps. i have never had this problem before in my life and i honestly don't know what to make of it.

hi i am 19 years old and had unprotected sex about 5 days ago. i am experiencing period cramps but have not started. its to early for my period anyways. i never cramp before just during my period. i keep thinking at anytime i am going to start but still nothing not even spotting. reading some of tech post above i am beginning to wonder if i could possible be pregnant?

ok here it is im very sexual active no protection but my boi is missing a chromosine to be less likely to get prego but my period is very on time i mean to the date and dont get me wrong its been off a few times but this month im 3 days late witch can happen for me but im having really horibal cramps i never ever get before cramps ever and now there as bad as the ones on my period i know im going to have to wait and see but does anyone know what im going threw