I have been on the pill for over 8 years and have taken it religiously every morning. My fiance always pulls out just to be extra careful. We usually have sex about 1 time a week. Last week we had sex on saturday around 5am but i had forgotten to take the pill friday morning so i took it along with my saturday pill right after we had sex. I was supposed to get my period tuesday night or wednesday but it is wednesday night and i haven't gotten it yet, only a very tiny brown spotting.

I have also been doing a colon cleansing program for the last month and am wondering if this is messing with my hormones or if i could be pregnant. I've also been a little stressed planning the wedding but, I've always been a stress case and never had problems with my cycle before.

Am I pregnant or could it just be the diet?

COLON Cleansing is NOT healthy.

You have natural bacteria in your colon, and you immune system is very much a part of your intestines.

Colon cleansing is NOT needed, I am a health professional, AND it can make problems worse.

It could interfere with your bodys digestion and absorption of the PILL.

Please talk to your health professional first before doing a colon cleanse. Anybody on the internet could tell you they are anything, and I would never listen to anyone without first following the advise of my physician. I've done a colon cleansing once last year and it was good. Got rid of a lot of the toxins and parasites hiding in the crevices of the colon that wouldn't get expelled on their own. I felt great afterwards, but I did consult my health official first.

I've been tracking my cycle & ovulation religiously for months as my husband and I would like to try and conceive next month. I had a colonic in the middle of my cycle and for the first time in months my period is late (I have tested negative for pregnancy). Can a colonic cause this to happen?

Back in December/early January I was taking a colon cleanse pill. About two weeks after taking it I began having MAJOR mood swings and then my period abruptly STOPPED. And by that I mean that it is now June 28th, and my last natural period (I say natural because my doctor recently gave me a pill to enduce a period) ended January 29th. I've also experienced a host of side effects: unnatural weight gain accompanying no major changes in diet, extreme bloating, mood swings, etc. And, to make things more clear: I do NOT eat the general c**p that most people eat. My diet consists of large variety of vegetables, lean meats and seafood, water, tea, and the occasional bean, supplemented with vitamins. I don't drink. I don't use tobacco. I do some sort of workout regiment at least three times a week.

More and more I'm beginning to suspect that the colon cleanse pill had something to do with my disappearing menstrual cycle. My doctor recently put me on birth control and suggested I started taking a probiotic/prebiotic..

Am I right to assume that this is the case; that the colon cleanse pill is the cause of my troubles? Is there more that I could be doing aside from what my doctor has prescribed? I've been going crazy with the research, reading all sorts of nutritional data, I've had NUMEROUS blood tests.. I want to make sure that I'm doing everything to get back on track..

Normally I don't take any sort of pill.. Ever.. My husband typically has to tie me down and pry my mouth open with a crowbar to take ANYTHING that hasn't been specifically prescribed (I.E., I have a headache and I suffer through it rather than taking Advil).. And believe me, I will never do it again.