I am concerned right one with one question. Not so long time ago I have been talking to my friend and she told me something made me wonder. She said her menstrual blood never clots. I was thinking that is something normal, but now I wonder if I am ok. Can anyone tell me why menstrual blood clots and what does it mean?

I had the same question few months ago because I needed to know why almost every period I see menstrual clotting. Anyway, I have heard that menstrual blood normally clots in the uterus. Usually, these clots dissolve before passing to the vagina. In some women the clots will pass through the cervical opening to the vagina without dissolving, so we see it as menstrual clots. If a tampon is worn, clots will either adhere to or be absorbed by the tampon and removed when the tampon is withdrawn. This confused me a lot when I have heard it. I was always thinking that clots are pieces of the uterine lining. I have never thought about it as clotted blood. Since they are pieces of tissue, they can't dissolve but will always be present in menstrual flow. Now I think I understand it, but if you are really worried you may talk to your gynecologist.

ok so I had a clot today that was about the size of 3 grapes. IS THIS Normal? I nearly freaked when I saw it. Been off oc for about 2 yrs and currently have cramping worse than before I went on as a teen. Hvae mentioned cramping to gyn, but she seems unfazed. all test always come back normal.

I have not had a period for almost two months and last night it finally came but it was very large clots. The clots are about the size of a plum. Is this normal? Today it is the same as last night but the clots are a little smaller. someone please help me!

I'm on the pill and didn't have a period last month but had one the month before. The month before that I didn't but the month before that I did. This is the first month being on the pill that I've had blood clots. They're pretty large too (but not the size of a plum). I can even feel them coming out. I'm thinking that it's maybe because of my missed period last month. And that would make sense for the last poster who hasn't had a period in a while. The blood's been pooling in the uterus I guess.

I havent had a cycle in over a year and I finally get one its not extremely heavy or anything but alot of clots.. It just bothers me. I guess its ok... The doctors dont seem to be worried about the lack of cycles. I have had 2 pregnancys so I can get pregnant with out a cycle.. So I am guessing clots are ok in my case if the lack of cycles may cause more clots

I have a question how were you able to get pregnant with out a preiod.