For the past couple of years, I've been getting severe back-of-the-skull headaches about every day in the morning after night sleep. The pains are almost always running up into my head. They are often really bad when I wake up and sometimes they lessen through the day, sometimes they don't. Rarely they will also come on during the daytime. Sometimes it will impact between my eyes also, but it's always at the base of my skull. Please advise how can I get rid of it ? I am frieked out that it's something serious.

I have the EXACT same pain--and have for years. You are most likely having "Tension Headaches". Sounds like a simple name, but they are miserable and, yes, scary. It seems like as soon as I open my eyes (not every morning, but often) I'm in PAIN. I immediately want to massage the back of my head, yet I want to pinch between my eyes or press between by eyebrows forehead. There are several medications out there. I take Esgic Plus (Generic is: Butalbital/Caffiene/Tylenol combination). Because you've had this condition for two years is 90 percent that you're having "Tension Headaches"; however, it's ALWAYS a good idea to see your doctor--a general practicioner should be able to diagnose you and if not, a CT scan can be ordered to rule out any other causes--which I doubt exist--but it will give you peace of mind.

I had terrible migraines for years.  They didn't respond to medication.  It turned out that my bite was off and I clench my teeth so hard that I was causing them.  I got a mouth guard, with the proper adjustment of my bite and I get botox injections in the neck, skull and face to help relax the muscles.  I think the key was having my bite adjusted with the bite guard.  It saved me.  Good luck!