I would like to know why i get headaches everyday for i mean some are really bad and other times they just go away and come back and it seem like headaches median dont help that much.... What could this be cause form

Headaches can be for a number of reasons. They could also be migraine headaches which for many people don't respond to typical headache medicine; ie., ibuprofen, acetaminophen, etc. You should be checked by a doctor to rule out an underlying cause or migraine headaches. It's not good to keep taking medicine if it's not working and if you're taking medication like Tylenol or Advil, it can cause other problems if taken in excess, on an empty stomach, and/or for prolonged periods of time. Also, if you don't find relief and keep taking more pills, it can cause 'rebound headaches'.

Hi brittaney. I think that your best course of action would be to talk to your doctor to find out what the source is for all these headaches. I know that when I was younger that I had a lot of headaches and it actually turned out to be anxiety related so just realize that it can be a number of things causing headaches and that your best course of action would be to see someone to get a course of treatment. Keep me posted on how it goes okay?

Hi. I have suffered from headaches for 5 months now. They range from mild to servere pain, throbbing, cracking and popping sensation in back of head and neck, pressure and eye pain and eye twitching. The doctor said I have anxiety and that could be causing the headaches and try not to worry about the symptoms even though its alot, he thinks mine are tension headaches. Best Thing to do would be to see your doctor to get a diagnosis, keep a diary of your headaches and what symptoms you have. There are so many types of headaches, tension, cluster, migraine, sinus and thats just a few i have named. I take a herbal remedy called ginkgo biloba, which improves circulation and it seems to have improved mine a little.

I think that's pretty unhelpful when a doctor just sort of recommends to you that it could be tension headaches because then you have on idea what you should do! I think your idea of a diary is pretty smart though and I think that's the best course of action to be honest. Now just to be curious how much ginkgo do you take per day?

I take 30mg, 1 to 2 tablets a day to be taken preferably with food. Yes I agree with you that its unhelpful but i don't know what else to do, been back on a number of occassions. I haven't had a CT OR MRI and i think it could be useful to have one to rule out anything serious but my doctor will not send me for one. I am very fed up of these constant headaches its disrupting my life and its affecting my relationship coz im tired and irritable.

Hi Kerry,
As I know usual usage of ginko is 40-200mg so I think that you are not using this too much (first I read 300 instead of 30 mg, so I thought that you are taking too much :-) )
I think it is a little reckless from your doctor to tell you this. I think you should have some more tests. Something is causing this headaches and only with test you can find out what that is.
Do you have problems with sleeping?

Hi Kerry, I think that if your doctor isn't helping you then it's time to get a second opinion. If he's not going to help you then find someone who will! I think that you deserve to get an MRI so switch doctors. I see a lot of people on these forums who have doctors who are not very helpful or communicative and that's why you wanna go to a different one if it turns out it's a serious issue. Keep us posted on what happens, okay?

I have been bck to the docs and I asked for an MRI but my doctor said to me that there would be no point sending me for one as it will come back normal, I was shocked when he said that as I thought I would be entitled to one. I just don't know what to do now.

I need some help, pleaseee!

That's not a proper response. I think that is a ridiculous and unhelpful way to treat you. I think you should switch doctors and ask for an MRI with that doctor, because that's not an approrpiate way to treat you. I think that is what I would do. Does that help you at all?

Hi Kerry, I'm sorry that your doctor treated you that way...are you still around? I'd like to hear how you're doing because it sounds like you were shuffled off to the side. Let me know how you are doing, okay?