Hi. I have just met this guy, and he told he has genital herpes. What to do? Can we still have sex? I know genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease, but I think we can use condoms. I use condoms anyway, all the time. What do you think?

Hi. I have genital herpes and people with genital herpes shoudn`t have sex with uninfected persons. Condoms can`t cover all the sores (visible or not) and you can get infected during any kind of sexual contact. There is no cure for herpes, genital or not. Meds can shorten and prevent outbreaks, but there is no cure. Herpes can be transmitted even during the treatment. Even if your boyfriend has no symptoms of herpes, he can still pass the virus to you. Also, people with herpes must wash their hands frequently to avoid transmission. Sorry…

Yes, you are right..Genital Herpes is a sexually transmitted disease.Having sex without using Condoms can be a grave risk. Safe sex is the most sensible method of preventing spreading Genital Herpes. Always use condom for safe sex.They reduce the risk of being infected; but remember that condoms only protect the covered body parts and the virus can pass from the areas not covered by a condom.So be careful..