There is a man I am very in love with. But he has genital herpes. I am not infected. Is it possible to have children together without infecting myself or the baby?

Yes, a majority of people who have genital herpes have partners without and who stay without it even when they have unprotected sex. When the partner who is infected is on suppressive therapy there is a 1% chance that the virus will be passed on to you as long as you do not have unprotected sex while he is having an outbreak. After you have conceived you should be tested for herpes (and actually I would be tested every few years anyway). If in the unfortunate case that you caught it, then you can take valtrex in the last trimester if your pregnancy and your baby will not be infected as long as you do not have an outbreak during the birth. If that does happen a c-section will also prevent it being transmitted to the baby. So, basically, there is nothing at all standing in your way. He is very lucky to be loved by such a supportive person. Best of luck to you both.

I'm too scared and embarresd to tell anyone that I have genital herpes what do I do

I feel you

I once felt the same. I was afraid to tell my partner. When I told her, she asked about it, and she laughed telling me that I see it more seriously than it really is. We leave happily together for 6 years, I am carefull during my outbreaks, we have sex without precautions (when I am not in outbreak) and she doesn't have herpes all these years. Love is the cure for visures. The stigma is only in our mind.

Damn just found out i got herpes and there's no cure to this f*** my life ;( and the one b**ch i had unprotected sex she passed it on to me

I just found out i contracted the virus this last friday ive been pretty bummed as well

I just found out on Valentines Day.... yay....

Do you take any suppressive medicine?

Maybe try some private herpes groups or community like herpeslove.net to get support. You are not alone

I have just been diagnosed. I wouldnt tell everyone but there are key persons you may want to tell. Before that though, go onna journey to rediscover yourself and love the new you. The people who need to be in your life will stay

Same you just got to stay strong though life’s a b***h

hey buddy the same happened to me. Time to lead a life of self love

And what was this

Preach brother preach