I had sex for the first time but the condom came off inside of me once we finished. he said that this was the only time it came off, and i believe him. but afterward his penis was close to my vagina and at times the tip was touching, is it likely i'll be pregnant? and would there be symptoms of me being pregnant? i just finished my period when we had sex so i dont know if that will effect anything?? i'm really worried as i've just turned 18 and dont really want to be pregnant! 

Hi S,

Yes, there is a chance of pregnancy.

If you just finished your period then the timing is a concern.  You are becoming increasingly fertile.  Depending upon when you ovulate the chances of pregnancy are high.

Emergency contraceptives, Plan B, Next Choice, etc., are an option and very effective within 72 hours.

When your partner pulls out in the future, tell him to hold on to the condom!

Good luck.

I had been off my period for the whole day?

OK, so day 5 or 6 of your cycle, maybe?

Sperm can survive about 5 days.  Normally you will ovulate sometime between about days 11 and 16 of your cycle.  So, if you ovulate early there is a chance.

Hope it helps.

day 6 and i was barely on my period by day 5? sorry im properly panicking should i get emergency contraceptives?

When everything is "perfect" the odds of conception are about 1 in 5. 

Without knowing when you ovulate it may be a good idea.  However, there are side effects.  Your next SEVERAL cycles can be early or late AND heavier or lighter than normal.  In addition, you should not use emergency contraceptives more than once per cycle.  

If you plan on being sexually active daily birth control is much more effective and is also safer.  Or teach the boyfriend about how to use a condom correctly.

Hope it helps.

Thank you so much! :)

Sweetheart, not likely...but of course, possible.  Your most fertile day is midway in your 28 day cycle, in other words, 14 days after the start of your period.  If the condom was intact until he pulled out, you should be safe.  Almost no chance of getting pregnant from naked contact.  Having said this, it sounds like you are not ready for sexual experience, so abstinence is what i would recommend.  Sex can be great when you are comfortable, ready, safe, ready for whatever the ramifications might be, but if not, it's not worth the stress or risk of pregnancy or STD's.  Please see your Dr and get a HPV vaccination, for your protection.