I'm a 16 year old girl, & me & my boyfriend recently had unprotected sex. We did it twice in the same night, in fact the night I was ovulating. He said he came in me both times, & he felt it shoot. I know I should wait two weeks & take a test, I just wanna hear what anyone else thinks? Do you think I'm pregnant?

Hi Megan,

The odds of pregnancy are about 1 in 5, at best.  

How far along in your cycle were you when you had sex?  Day 1 is when your period starts.  You'd be most fertile just before you ovulate which happens sometime between days 11 and 16 of your cycle.

I had gotten off my period the 13th, had sex & ovulated on the 20th. Everyone uve talked to said there's a pretty high chance. But, I don't know. I've been having sharp pains in both my sides, sometimes down my leg kinda, & into my hip.

Ok,

1 in 5 is about as good as it gets.

It's early to test. You need to wait at least 2, preferably 3, weeks.

Hang in there.

Do you think it's a good possibility?

Yes Megan, there is a possibility. Your timing, if you were trying to get pregnant, was very good.

There are no guarantees however. At best, the odds of you getting pregnant would be about 1 in 5. They don't really get better than this.

If you had sex on the 20th and can hurry, you can get an emergency contraceptive. Within 72 hours they are very effective. In some cases they are effective until 120 hours.

Hang in there. Again, there are no guarantees you'll get pregnant.

Okay, thank you.

So were you pregnant in the end?