hi, i'm 19 yr old female. i had a unprotected sex with my bf and didn't have a i-pill also. i got my periods just after having sex. but it was not coming much, periods flow was really less. i'm really scared. can u please help me by telling whether i can become pregnent or not??

Hi svverma,

If you had your period just after having sex then it is unlikely that you are pregnant.  The timing is very poor.

You'd ovulate between days 11-16 of your cycle.  48 hours after ovulation the egg is no longer viable. 

You're at the lowest fertility just before your period.

While your period was different, I don't think you are pregnant.

but is it possible that even if i got my periods just after having sex and flow is not much, i'll become pregnant?? it was not my first time having sex with my bf. what do you mean by timing was poor?? is it 100% sure that i won't be pregnant??

The timing was poor, you said you had sex just before your period. Normally women run about a 28 day cycle. The egg would not be viable after about day 18 at the latest, couldn't get fertilized. So, if you had your period "just after having sex" (your words) then it is very unlikely you are pregnant.

When you have your period the lining of your uterus is shed and replaced with a new lining. It is very unlikely that you would get pregnant then. Not impossible, there is no 100% guarantees but very unlikely.

Wait at least two weeks after you had sex and take a home test if you want.

I don't think you're pregnant.

thnks for ur reply,..i hv another doubt,..after having sex,.i got periods,.but it was only for one and a half days,.is there anything to worry about tht...ne chance of gettin pregnant.???