My bf and I had sex 1 week before my period. I got my period. Normal period for me. What are the possibilities that I could be pregnant? I know that when you miss your period thats the first indicator that your pregnant but I didn't miss it. But people said you can still have your period and be pregnant what are my possibilities?  
Thank you for any replies!!!

Hi Moose,

You will not have your period when you are pregnant, despite what others may say.  You can't.  During your period the lining of the uterus is "shed."  If you had a period you would no longer be pregnant.

There may be some bleeding however.  It is not a "period."

Since your period was on time and "normal" then it is very unlikely that you are pregnant.

Saying that, the chances of pregnancy would be very poor for you.  48 hours after ovulation, usually by about day 18 of your cycle, the egg isn't viable.  You would have had sex about day 21 or so.  

well it is "normal" but my cramps are worse and feel like throwing up. does that mean anything either know its worse now or got worse? does that mean anything?

The cramps and nausea are not specific to pregnancy.

Are you urinating more often? A burning or itching feeling maybe?

I don't have to urinate more. and no burning or itching feeling what would that mean?

I was thinking maybe a UTI would account for the symptoms.

So that is a no for UTI. So I'm not pregnant then correct?

I don't believe that you are pregnant.

Would it be worth a PT or no? it won't happen again. but is there any doubts? Also just wanted to thank you for everything you have been a huge help!

You can test if it makes you feel better but I don't see the need.

1. Timing to get pregnant was poor.
2. You had what you describe as a "normal" period.

Both of these tell me that it is very unlikely that you are pregnant.

Glad to help.

I had unprotected sex a week before my period is due. (Tomorrow) What are my chances of becoming pregnant? He didn't climax, but I'm worried about PreCum

Hi Janee,

The timing is poor, about a week before your period is due.

Normally you would have ovulated between days 11 and 16 of your cycle. Day 1 is when your period started. 48 hours after ovulation the egg dies - about day 18. Your next period should be about 10 days later...

Hope it helps.