Hi, I have watched very interesting documentary about Shaolin temple on TV several days ago. Narrator told that temple was built long time ago but also he told about monks who were training shaolin kung fu. I have also heard that monks are organizing promotional tours all over the world so I would like to know something more about them.

Hi, there are many historical facts mixed with legends about Shaolin temple. It was Buddhist temple and monks were practicing martial arts in order to defend them selves from wild beasts and other attackers. Trough history temple was destroyed several times and rebuilt. Today it has no connection with Buddhist religion because Chinese government forbidden it so it is hard to say how original it is.

Hi Ezra,

Hi I'm new to this forum, but I've been interested in Shaolin arts for the last 10 years or so.

I found the answer to Question 3 at this website

shaolin.org/answers/ans02b/dec02-3.html

really lays out clearly the ancient and modern history of Shaolin.

Enjoy!

Fran

Hi, i always wanted to go and to see them perform. Does anybody know are they coming to Europe this year?