Hi all

I have been experiencing this for quite a while. I sometimes get a throbbing head and I have this constant feeling that I'm not physically here... like the things around me are happening passively, even if I'm taking part/ participating in them. This sentiment becomes less intense when I take off my spectacles but the feeling is still present nonetheless. Can anyone tell me what I'm experiencing? I'm really worried for myself and I want to start enjoying life rather than let it pass by passively all the time. Thanks.

P.S. FYI, I'm a college student and I gotta admit that I slept only an average of 7hrs a day. But... I know theres a great bunch of schoolmates who have less sleep than me?

i feel the exact same way, its kind of like a constant day dream. im sorry i dont know what this is but i too have this exact..feeling. if you find out what this feeling is or how to stop, diagnose, prevent it please email me

Thanks for the reply. At least I now know I'm not the only one.

But can any health experts here give us some answers? Thanks.

i feel the same i mean im 17 i can see things around me look at them and know its there and touch it but still something is missing and i cnt seem to think its real its as if im behind a glas door cnt acess it properly its confusing ino

and me! its horrible,iv had it for 2 years but scared to go docs,
i feel like im in a massive day dream,like iv been at work allday and i feel phsicaly tired but now im home iv almost tottally forgot about what i done an hour ago even though i can remember if you know what i mean?
i was thinkin about it earlyer an i was thinkin i hope im not like this all my life cause im missin the best parts been 19 an all

Yes im feeling that way now. It seems that we are all younger, im 17. It feels like everything is dull, like my senses cant connect and work together, but it only happens once in a while

yea see im 17 and im having the same in a daze kind of feeling i kno im here and i kno what im doing i just feel like im in a dream ... my prob is i keep thinkin about it and it gets worse then i start questioning other things to try and sind an anwser
.... my dad said he went thru the same thing when he was yonger it took him about 6 months to get over it ive been to the doctor and they said i have anxiety but now that im not worring anymore i still have this feeling im going back in a few days ill keep yall posted

Hi there Jzeff,

I do not have a medical background, but I have heard that often people with low blood pressure tend to get these feelings. My advice would be to get it checked out with the Doctor just to be sure.

Wishing you all the best,
Cassie
Happy Life Space

Maybe youre stressed or depressed you should talk to your psychlogists or psychiatrist[/img]

I feel the exact same way! I am 21 years old, and in college. Ive had this feeling since I was probably 16 or 17, and it has just gotten worse with time, unfortunately. I was also told that it was just anxiety, but I've been on anti-anxiety meds for a year now and I have way less anxiety, but the feeling hasnt lessened any. Its so frustrating because I cant really put it all into words, although you all have described it so perfectly. I've spent alot of time thinking about why this is happening, and I've obsessed over possibilities such as anxiety or depression, lack of sleep, nutrition, exercise habits and changes, problems with the inner ear, and maybe even my eyes. However, I have found that the feeling hasnt changed with my change in mood, levels of anxiety, or state of depression or not. There have been different periods of my life where I have gotten enough sleep, far too little sleep, and too much sleep. The feeling persisted with all states. I have been on healthy diets for months at a time, still no change. I have been an athlete my whole life, and the feeling was the same the whole time. I took a year off of sports my freshman year of college, and didnt exercise as much, still no change. The only thing I can think of now is ears and eyes. My mom thinks it something with my inner ears, and I must admit I find myself hard of hearing from time to time, but I wonder if this is because of the feeling or is the feeling because of this? My eyes are pretty bad. I have worn contacts or glasses for a very long time now, and I never not wear them, except when sleeping of course.

There has to be some similarities between us all. I wonder; are we all female? Are we all younger and when did this start for us all? Do we all have vision problems? What about ear or hearing problems? Is the feeling persistant and constant (like mine) or are there periods where it is better or worse?

I am DESPRETE to get to the bottom of this problem, as I feel like I am missing out on so much!!!

Hello everyone,

It is my opinion we should all try to figure out what we have in common;

-lack of sleep;
-anxiety;
-low blood pressure;
-IMC, etc...
-Sadness, feeling depressed;
-constant uninterest in life;
-etc.

Maybe not entirely accurate but at least we could share some thoughts. If you read this and feel interested, mail me at _[removed]_ and I'll gladly discuss this. I've been feeling this coming and going for about 8 years now, so i would be really happy in knowing what it is.

i'm 14 and just now started this feeling so i told my mom, she also said it was from anxieny and low blood pressure so now i have been drinking orange juice. find vitamin c or d and eat or drink lots it will raise your blood sugar. i hope you all and i will feel life agian!

hi im 22 and i've been suffering quietly for some years now, one time when i was 19 i smoked some really crazy weed, i had been smoking for a long time and enjoyed it so much that i wanted to stay high 24/7 and couldnt wait to get a job where i could smoke and go to work everyday, i remember i used to think "it's almost unfair to normal people who go through life because of how good it feels and how hard we're laughing while high, it's just so unbelievably great" but this weed was alot stronger, anyways after smoking, i suddenly noticed i couldnt understand what my friend was telling me, and it sounded like my friends were speaking very quickly on purpose as a joke or something, everything i said seemed to trigger an event, like an unwinding movie or dream, then i thought i was in a coma in the hospital, and that God (or whoever) takes you to the place u usually hang out in when ur in a state like this, i even thought i had died and landed in hell, the feelings i had were horrifying, i started thinking about how physical pain is NOTHING compared to psychological pain, and i remember asking my friend "when am i gonna wake up man?" only for him to answer "dude you *are* awake!", and then the feeling i got when he said that was mortifying i was scared that i was stuck like this and that i had no way to tell people that im not like this so they wouldnt take me to a mental hospital or something.
The feelings subsided after a few hours, and the next day i was "normal" again and willing to smoke, but somehow this altered my "high state" and when i smoked less strong weed later, occassionally i'd find myself back into that "coma/dream" state, when that happened i'd make excuses to go home, and i remember staring into a mirror felt so unreal, i got a kick out of staring into the mirror at the stranger (me). Anyways this kept coming and going, it really affected my relationships with people, it started causing anxiety, instead of laughing with my friends while high, i'd notice myself thinking weird thoughts like "are they laughing at me ?", am i mentally retarded and dont know it ? do my friends always call me to come over cuz they want to laugh at their retarded buddy ? btw i am an engineering student, during highschool i barely studied before exams, and always marvelled the teachers with perfect grades, all i heard was "this kid is a genius", and this made me develop a bad habit of pretending to be stupid to compensate, i've always hated the spot light, after the weed episode happened i almost got kicked out of the engineering faculty, i was afraid to even attend classes, i found myself not able to control the panic and weird thoughts in social situations while high, if i was waiting for the elevator and saw people coming, i'd go up the stairs, i even once told a friend of mine who i ran into in public that i was not "me", thinking in the back of my head "well theres a slight possibility that somebody out there resembles my appearance remarkably.", how retarded is that thought pattern ?
The feelings would come and go, i started to think that i am always on autopilot until i smoke pot, and then when i'm high im actually awake,
until these weird thoughts while high somehow integrated themselves into my normal thought processes.

Now i find myself very quiet, i cant even be at ease with my own family, it has haunted my every thought, which holds me back from living correctly, i used to be scared people will notice, but now i've just given up and dont care, i even think sometimes that people can read my mind, it feels like a fake movie or dream.

I did a horrific mistake of tripping on acid around 10 times since last year, the first trip was amazing, i felt very secure and in touch with nature, i wish i stopped there, the rest were different, and the last one was very bad. I dont recommend it to anybody, apart from the extreme perceptual changes i had, i always see dozens of those things you see when u wake up in the morning, except i see them all the time, it is very annoying and a constant reminder that i've ingested acid and im to blame.
Also took xtc twice. First time was great, the second sucked because of something innocent my friend said, which triggered a series of harmful thoughts. Eventually we were all doing heroin, luckily i didnt get addicted, unfortunately my friend did, he used to let me snort with him, the heroin would help significantly, the thoughts would subside, everything was great, i even started going to all classes, snorting between them, and started getting A's in the major courses i was taking.

Right now i honestly feel numb, i've gotten used to the horrible feelings, rarely does something make me laugh, im very antisocial, i was a huge bmw m3 turbo enthusiast and absolutely loved driving, it was my passion, i did all the work on the car, now i drive like a grandma and have lost pleasure in everything.
I realize this post is generally useless and a big rant; however i had to tell somebody these stuff cuz it is just consuming me on the inside.

Its funny, i know this is just 1 silly perception of the world, and it definitely seems like im locked in a self-perpetuated introspective yet delusional thought pattern, and i only have to stop thinking this absurd thought and tune into the normal way of thinking, but i feel like i've opened a shitload of doors in my mind, and i dont know how the hell to go back, and if i try to ignore it, it will just feel so fake, and im bound to collapse back into this eventually.

I used to be very outgoing btw, my mom and sister died when i was 3, and i dont live with my dad, but i've always been strong and thought that nothing was impossible if you could get yourself to truely believe something, and people would always be shocked when they knew my story because it didnt used to show one bit. Now i am secluded, i avoid people and would rather stay home than go out with friends, i feel disconnected from my body, weed doesnt feel the same, it just gives me a rush because of the panic, i even once smoked so much weed i fell on the ground and hurt myself, and looking back at that night i realize that was a full blown panic attack i had

sorry for the long rant, and also for my english, it isnt my native language.

im 16 and i got the same stuff, basically just feels like ur high whne ur not, i got a doctors appointment soon and im guna ask the doc about it, ill put up a post when i get the info

I was just wondering if you have ever had seizures at all in your life bc i was diagnosed with seizures in sixth grade and this same feeling has started this summer and i'm just trying to find any similarities.........