Hi, I have a thirteen years old son. He is very much into martial arts. I am having some difficulties in deciding what kind of fighting sport should I enroll him to. The one that is stuck in my head is kung fu. As far as I have understood it, the best type of kung fu is the one that implements shaolin style. What can you tell me about it?

Hi, most of the boys, that are the age of your son, are excited about fighting sports. Mostly they are interested in martial arts. This mostly includes karate and kung fu. Shaolin is a temple located in China. The monks in this temple are highly trained for martial art characterized only for them. Shaolin teaching is the essence of every type of kung fu and, for that matter, the essence of every known martial art. Kung fu in the shaolin style has many features that are barely known to the rest of the world. Only the masters of such techniques can provide you with necessary knowledge. Fortunately, they are opening up to the world. If there is a school near you that can provide your son with shaolin style kung fu, I suggest you go for it.