I've read bananas and gatorade. Benadryl and Ensure. Does exercise help? What kind in particular? What about epsom salt baths?

How long will this take? Even if you're down to .50 mg a day?

Has anyone finally gotten off suboxone to go back to using heroin or oxys?

Any opiate withdrawal, but especially suboxone withdrawal, is like hell on earth. I've unfortunately been through it like 5 times (for SOME reason) and every time I'm like, "That's it!!! Never again!!!"
SUPPOSEDLY bananas help because of the potassium but seriously, you could munch as many bananas as you could and you wouldn't notice a damn difference in symptoms, which is really frustrating.
When you're in the worst of it, which is usually day 3 or so, and you're like literally losing your mind, try taking, if nothing else, tylenol. It will help a teeny tiny bit with the leg cramps and spasms and such, but nothing too dramatic. Just enough to take a tiny edge off.
Only take Benedryl if you haven't slept in like 2-3 days and you can't keep your eyes open but you can't sit still kind of thing. At least with me, the benedryl made my head spin because it made me more tired but it didn't do anything for the restless leg and in the end it made it worse.

The best thing would be to get your doctor to prescribe you like 10 atavans (spelling?), which is a benzo, and it's really the only thing that can keep you from really losing your mind. It doesn't make everything go away, it just makes it so you don't care as much. And it will help you sleep, which really is a big deal. Lack of sleep=crazy. Crazy+withdrawl=panic. You really don't want to go into panic mode.
The only doctors that will actually give you benzos for this would be the doctor that you're seeing to get the suboxone. If they won't, they won't but most of them will offer it for when you're finally getting off the suboxone.
And from .5 mg a day, it won't be as bad but don't underestimate it. I went from .5 to nothing thinking it would be a breeze and only took like 5 days off of work and it ended up being like 3 weeks of hell and had to end up quitting my damn job over it. But, just think about how much worse it would be it you were going from like 3mg to nothing, or 10mg to nothing. At least it's not that bad. Just keep telling yourself that.
And one last thing...
When you can't sleep, don't fight it. Don't keep trying to fall alseep when you can't. You'll only get frustrated. Try pacing around or taking a bath or stretching. Put some mindless movie on in the background so it's not so quiet and just let yourself be angry. Punch your damn pillow, swear really loud, cry, sob, whatever you have to do.
Drink lots of water, it'll help the toxins leave your body faster.
Ensure will probably help with calories. You can't not eat for a week so yeah, if you can't eat anything, drink ensure for sure.
Have someone around to wait on you hand and foot and BABY you. I know I needed to whine and complain like a little kid and I needed someone there to feel sorry for me and baby the hell out of me. It does help.
And after you're finally done with it, it'll take a few months to feel normal again. Cravings for dope or oxys or whatever you do will also go up. Mouthwatering cravings. If you can just get through like 6 months it'll get easier. Just try and remember how shitty the withdrawal was. I know that never stops anyone but what the hell.

go to the closest er and tell them your withdrawing and they will right you a script of chlonodine 0.1 mg ,its a blood presures medicine but it help fill the recepters that the suboxone filled in the brain,you will have body pain but it want be as bad as straight quiting

Getting off suboxone is not as difficult or as painful as some people maintain - here is a system that worked for me and subsequently many of my friends. The first rule is that you do it very very slowly - suboxone can linger in your system for months - yes months - so when you reduce dosages stay on that dosage for at least 1-2 months to allow you system to adjust. You have to fully adjust to each new dose before you reduce to the next lower dose e.g. Start at 8 mg ad go to 7.5mg stay there for 2 months and then go down to 7mg. It is going to take along time but this gradual adjustment will allow you to function and will reduce the temptation of a relapse - in my case to Heroin for 10 yrs so I did not want to go back. Once you get to 2mg reduce by .25 mg. From 1mg down you will then have to reduce by .125mg. To do this you will have to split the 2 mg tablets into 8 pieces (crumbs basically) and follow the 1-2 month adjustment plan. Finally when you have been on your last dosage (.125mg) for 1-2 months you can stop taking subs completely. If you follow this system the jump off is not that bad - I promise. I recommend then that you take a combination of advil, multi vitamins as well as milk thistle and st johns wort if you have budget for it. If you need help or have questions please post a response and I will notified by email that your question is waiting. Good luck good people and God be with you. The Subhelper 4

la_calle_negra wrote:

And one last thing...

especially suboxone? are you joking me? your telling these people that a partial opiate is harder to come off of then a full opiate? common sense here tells us your wrong but for those that dont belive in or have any i have 2 friends that walked of suboxone with the mildest of symptoms. they tried getting off oc's and methadone and couldnt do it but after tapering ther suboxone they both said it was a cake walk if you cut 1/4-1/2mg every week or 2

Honestly its no that difficult. Please read the Subhelper post above - ignore this nonsense about bennys and other addictive substitutes - you dont need it if you do it the right way - slowly slowly slowly.

well just some advice from my personal current experience.. I was abusing pain pills for 5 years at my worst i was taking 80 mg oxys and

Dialudids when i decided i had had enough i sought out the suboxone treatment I was on suboxone for almost six months 8 mgs perday thenI tapered myself to four then to two . I am a single parent of two children and just could not afford the program my doc like others would not prescribe without a program and office visits so I stopped at 2 mgs the first time was like others have said, HELL!!! I suffered from severe depression and all the withdrawl symptoms flu like symptoms, sweats cramps no sleep etc..... I couldnt take it so I went back to 2 mgs per day for two weeks and started researching these forums... this time I am on my 11 day with no suboxone here is what I did different maybe it will help others first and foremost you have to be mentally prepared to do this you will have withdrawls just know that the final outcome will only make you feel like you have won a freakin marathon!!! Now i still am having withdrwal symptoms i still feel very weak and have the runs and have the body cramps but not as bad as the first few days, you need to drink lots of water lots and lots!! Motrin 800 helps a little too I also drink BOOST nutritional drinks and I do reccommend getting something for sleep (i had my family doc call me in something i only took it on day 6 and 7: be strong dont turn it into a habit) cause if you are like me no sleep isnt possible I have to work and I have two little ones to care for I did miss 2 days of work but then I forced myself to go another big help for me is EXERCISE I WALK ATLEAST TWO MILES A DAY EVEN WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO DIE MAKE YOURSELF EXERCISE lots of hot baths and crying and telling yourself you can do it has to happen too . I will be honest I still feel bad but not as bad as i did last week and i know that in two or three more weeks i will feel even better, if anyone needs to talk or have questions on anything feel free to contact me and Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Subhelper wrote:

I read the post above but I want to know more about the method of slowly getting off the medicine. Have you done this yourself or do you have experience? I'd like to hear a bit more back from you. Thanks!

Yes I tried many times to get off subs and this was the method that finally worked. A friend had been turned onto this method and recommended it to me. Not only does it work but it makes the process completely painless. Here it is again:

This sucks. I've been on Sub for about 6 months and I slowly went off but today is the first day with none. I feel like a freak looking around my house for small pieces I may have hidden... no luck. I have some Tylenol 3s and I may just pop them to make this shitty feeling go away. I love the Subs but I kind of wish my Dr. would have told me that he was going to stop giving them to me, but he didn't. If I want more I can go get them but I feel like they make me fat and are a crutch. They worked, but honestly, they are soooo strong that I feel like they were stronger than the Vics I was taking. In fact, I know they are because I found some Vics, stopped the sub for a few days then I took a bunch of Vics and it didn't do that much. What a mess. I feel like such a looser. I've gotta ride this sh*t out. Sucks even more because I know this one doc who, in 3 months, will give me another Rx for 120 Vic... It's crazy, he just thinks that it's normal to give me 120 at a time. He must know I'm abusing them and that my knee doesn't hurt that bad but because I'm a cute girl who flirts w him he wants me to come back?? I'm tired of this and I want to just be a normal person. The shrink has helped and I guess that's why I'm wanting to finally get it together. Thanks for listening. Wish me luck!

I suggest you don't go back to your doctor, I don't think he'll miss ya. Regarding the subs, I don't know, maybe it has a differnt reaction on people or its a mental thing! I started just 4 days ago on 16 mg and yesterday I went down to 8mg and intend to go to 4 tommorow and I don't feel a thing (maybe a little sweaty a times) but thats it. I've been taking between 300-450mg of oxycodone for 2 years. The last time I quit cold turkey, it really, really sucked... but with this sh*t, it's been a breeze! Try not to think about it like a drug, I hate the taste of it, maybe thats what's working for me.
If anyone is in Miami, I came across an awesome doc who will do it for you or send you home with a script for $100. One thing, I screwed up, make sure you are REALLY in withdraw! I started taking it at the time I started to withdraw and OH sh*t, opposite effect... I started going into withdraws bigtime! 48 hours later, finally stabalized! Thank God!
Good Luck o.O

Claim involves a MVA, wherein an insured bus packed up into a parked vehicle in a parking lot. The bus is owned by First Student, and the driver was an employee of the school board. Per the contract, since the accident was caused by our employee, we owe coverage in this matter. You are awaiting the appraisal. Good job getting the IV driver’s statement confirming no one was in the CV at impact. Because of this, LA NPNP does not apply.
File well handled. Once you obtain the appraisal, evaluate this claim and request authority to settle. Let’s get this matter resolved. I have attached a copy of the insured’s contract with First Student/Laidlaw for documentation purposes.

I have been through the oxy and suboxone merry-go-round for the last 2 years. Suboxone has its positives, but also has its negatives.
About 2.5 years ago, I made the worst mistake of my life and started fooling around with oxys. I had witnessed this drug ruin the life of my best friend, but I kept playing around with it because I have done nearly every single drug on the face of this planet, outside of crack and PCP, and including Meth and Cocaine, and I never EVER had trouble stopping when it was time to stop. I thought I was too stong and too mentally tough ever to face an addiction. Boy, was I wrong.

I used Suboxone, which I bought off the street, the first time to get off the oxys about 2 years ago. I was only on it a couple of months taking no more than 6 to 8 mgs per day and foolishly made the jump off at 2 mgs per day. Let me tell you, at that point in time, that was my worst wd experience to date. The anxiety I experienced coming off subs was 2nd to none and just absolutely mind-numbing. Because of this, I jumped back on oxys for a couple of weeks and withdrew off of them instead. I flushed the rest of the subs down the toilet and swore them off.

Like a fool, I began doing oxy's again a couple of months later. Like always, I was doing more and more. Again, I withdrew off the oxys and was clean for a few months. Now, beginning in the late summer of last year, I SCREWED UP AGAIN and again, did more and more. I withdrew again and got clean exactly a year ago. Low and behold, I STARTED DOING THE SH!T AGAIN a month later. I realized that it wasn't the physical addition that had me, rather the mental. At the beginning of this year, I became absolutely desperate to get off again and considering my past failures, I knew I had to correct the mental addiction. Because of this and my desparation, I got back on subs about 6 months ago.

To this day, I am still scared to death of the sub withdrawal. Because of this, and I hate to admit this, I rotate between oxys and subs. I am scared to death to be completely dependant on subs. Furthermore and unlike most people, I have the unfortunate affliction of being able to feel an oxy 80 only 6-8 hours after taking an entire sub as long as I have not been on subs for more than a week in a row.

To the week, I am getting married in exactly 1 year. I promised my fiance that I would be normal at the time of our wedding. With this as is, I want to wean off the subs withing the maximum of the next 6 months. I am so lucky to have such an understanding girl. She has been supportive of me throughout all of this because she remembers how supportive I was and how I took care of her when we first met.
Now to the bottom line. ( I apologize for the lengthy background info). Based upon my experiences with withdraw off of subs and oxys several times, the type of withdrawal you experience is vastly different. With oxys, the wd period is shorter, you are much more “sick”, intense cold sweats, trouble sleeping, horrible shats, severely depressed, a good bit of anxiety. With subs and considering you tapered down to at least 1mg of at worst 2 mg, the wd period is much longer, as it doesn’t really start until 72 after your last dose, you are not nearly as sick compared to oxys, light sweating from time to time, COMPLETE AND TOTAL insomnia, shats are fairly light, not nearly as depressed as oxys, and finally and most importantly, the absolute WORST anxiety one could ever experience.
When considering whether or not to begin subs or attempt to come of H or oxys cold turkey, please note the below positives and negatives in regards to sub use:
Positives
- Allows you to stabilize your life
- Deters drug-seeking behavior
- Gives you a glimpse of how sober life will be, which is a great motivator to get clean. Basically, it gets your “mind right”
- Cheaper. ( I know subs are expensive without insurance, but if subs are more expensive then your habit, you should not need subs to come off.)
- Does not give you the high other opiates do, which results in much less depression during withdrawal time when compared to h or oxys.
-Withdrawals do not result in near the level of actual sickness
-Gives you the possibility of still being able to work during withdrawals

Negatives
- Could result in just another addiction
- Gives you a false sense of security, ie “Hey, I am off dope.” No, you still have a long road ahead
- Could very well INCREASE your tolerance for opiates. (It did it to me and a couple of friends)
- Extended withdrawal time. Depending on how long you took subs and your taper, it could very well be 3-6 months before you are back to what you would call normal.
- Withdrawals include some of the absolute worst anxiety one could imagine.
- Total destruction of sleep patterns during withdrawals. (You think you had insomnia coming off oxys? Just wait.)

I recommend you consider the above prior to deciding whether or not to begin subs. In my humble opinion, if you are on anything less than 2 oxy 80s per day for a year or less, I STRONGLY recommend you attempt other options, specifically coming off cold turkey, instead of the sub. Hope this helps.

Hi everyone! I was writing a long, long story about how i became an addict. About how i am an ordinary woman - wife, mother, worker, daughter and the such. I couldn't bring myself to post it, though. I realized as i read it over and over that it doesn't matter really. The only things that matter is what will give us our lives back. After several unsuccessful attempts to "cold turkey" the subs i realized i would need a miracle to stop. That miracle was God and a plan. I did some research and found that Clonidine 0.1mg once in the morning for 7 days help with the withdrawls, Elavil 10mg taken at bedtime to sleep and for pain for 30 days and Phentermine 37.5mg taken once in the morning for 30 days for energy was the best plan i could come up with. This plan seems to be working with God on my side. I still feel weak, my guts hurt slightly and im pooping several times a day however they are firm ( I think my body is cleansing itself because for the past years on opiates i was luck to poop once a week). I'm a little shaky but im ok!!!!!! I carry a picture around with me of me smiling and happy on my honeymoon to remind me of how happy, pain free, and brave i once was. This is a scary place to be but we must be brave to save our lives. I am on day 3 without subs and i know its gonna get better. This hasnt been a cake walk but this plan has worked for me. For the first time in a VERY long time i see hope on the horizion and I can see the brave, outspoken, funny and happy woman i lost to this disease! And yes, i do believe this is a disease. They say this disease is not curable, maybe not but i believe there is something bigger that can replace this addiction - HOPE! I want to be that woman in the picture again!!! I will be that woman again!! Don't live life getting by on subs for fear of pain - Live life in fear of subs for pain is but a blink looking back. I hope someone will read this post and remember who they are. I hope because that is all i have. ;-)

Hi there, I wanted to post to tell everyone going through the w/d from sub's to just stick with it. I am on my 6th day off sub's, I still cannot think as clearly as I would like, but the feeling of wanting to die is waining. I jumped off at 2mg per day, I was told by my doc that this is an acceptable dosage to quit at. In hindsight, I would have tapered down to .25 mg. Either way, I am not going back on the sub's. The w/d the first 5 days have been so bad, I never want to go through this again.

Good luck and don't give up. This drug can be beaten.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am on day 6 and I still feel very funky, the standard w/d symptoms, but I can see things getting better. This will be one of the hardest things we have ever have to do. It is also the most important thing. This pain will make us stronger and wiser; and it will pass.