Hi, I am 21 years old male and I am looking for martial art who also has strong spiritual side in its philosophy. My friend who is practicing Aikido suggested me to start training with him and he told me that I would be very satisfied with Aikido. I would like to know something more about this fighting skill.

Hi, your friend is quite right because Aikido is not just fighting skill but also technique with strong spiritual side. Word Aikido means "The way of harmony of spirit" and it is technique which uses enemy’s strength against himself. I think that Aikido would be good choice for you.

Depending how it is taught Aikido has a strong philosophical side. However any martial art can have depending how it is taught. I used to train at the Shaolin Temple with the Shaolin monks and they combined full contact martial arts with a very spiritual element.