Hi there! For the last three cycles I have been suffering tremendous pain in the left ovary area. At times I would feel as if the pain is radiating down to my thigh. The pain is so devastating that I would have to lie in bed all the day and take painkillers. What could this be? I am 19 years old and I am not sexually active yet, so I know it is not an STD. Any advice?

Hi! It could be that you have developed cysts on your left ovary. These cysts form during ovulation and they are sacs where the egg used to be. Sometimes, the egg doesn’t leave the sac and forms into a cyst but the sac can also fill with fluid once the egg had left and form cyst. These cysts are usually not dangerous but can cause tremendous amounts of pain and could also interfere with your cycles. They usually disappear in three-month time but since you have had the problem for three months already, I would suggest you had it checked by a gynecologist.

does a cysts on ovary prevent pregnancy?

It is probably a cyst on your overies because that is the same problem i had and it was a small cyst on my left ovary