Last July, the day after I found out I was pregnant, I went to the emergency room with sever pain in my stomach. After seeing the doctor, he told me I was 6 weeks pregnant, even told me the due date of my child, and then continued to tell me that I need to have surgery because he thought it was an eptopic pregnancy.
Well after the surgery, I found out that it was not an eptopic pregnancy.
The doctor told me that there is a cyst that supports the baby for the first 12 weeks, and that cyst ruptured, and tore my ovary open. He explained that it looked like a volcano had erupted. I was very upset with the doctor I had because as he was telling me all this, he was laughing and being very inconsiderate. Well its been almost a year since this happened, and I have yet to find out any information on ruptured ovaries. They sewed up my ovary and the doctor said I should be able to have children, but I just dont know about this. Has anyone had this happen to them, or know where I can find any information? I have found websites on ruptured cysts, but not on a ruptured ovary. My husband and I really want to start having children, but I am really scared that this is going to prevent me from having children.

Hi:
Unbelievable ! I would address the ethics of that doctor who made lite of your situation. I would start by confronting him (appropriately), so that others may not have your experience. Let him know how his attitude affected you. If you don't get satisfaction form him, report him to the medical board in your state. That will definitely get him to reconsider his attitude with patients. Please do this. The second step would be to get to a fertility clinic. I would imagine that if the condition exists, they will likely know about it. You will probably be one of their easier cases. They specialize in the area of reproductive concerns. Try these two things so that you might have some peace of mind; closure with the last situation, and hopefully, a new pregnancy. Good luck and please let us know.

Having a ruptured ovary should not affect your ability to have children. It seems to me that even if you were completely unable to ovulate from one, you do have two, so you should be able to use the other to still have children. It sounds like you did go through a hard time with it but you should definitely still be able to conceive and have kids. If you are really unable to put your mind at rest, get a second opinion for sure.

I was going to be a happy mom for 8 weeks only. I went to the doctor during 4th week of my pregnancy and everything was going perfect.
One day I started bleeding, but the doctor said it happens to many women and should go away.
Bleeding was pretty painful, but i trusted my doc.
week later he told me that I miscarried and I got 3 cysts on my right ovary. he said that these are not dangerous and will disappear.
Week later, I end up at ER with internal bleeding. All cysts rapture, causing extreme pain and leading to the surgery. I was not even bleeding externally, only internally.

I was not able to contact my surgeon, because I was out of the state after surgery.
However I experience now a mild pain in my abdominal area and bleeding. (its not a period, I am on the birth control) Its been already 2 months after the surgery.
I really worry that something is happening again. I am wondering, before I go to the doc, if anyone had the same experience, and can say something about POST-SURGICAL bleeding/???? Please!!

M.

Los Angeles

I just had surgery on tuesday. I went in because of stomach pains I've been having for a week. When I went in they told me it was my apendix and they were going to remove it, no big deal. When I woke up, the surgeon informed me that I had a ruptured cist on my right ovary that also ruptured my ovary wide open, they couldn't stop the bleeding, so they had to remove my right ovary. When I asked the doctor how hard it would be for me to have more children, he said there would be no problem, it would be the same with only one ovary as it is with two ovaries. Then he laughed, gave me that up and down look and said, besides you already have two, in a manor that meant 'isn't that enough?'
Two hours after my surgery, they sent me home without explaining to me what happened in the surgery, how long my recovery time would be, or any home care instructions besides taking my pain meds and not driving for 24 hours.
Now I've been searching for information on ruptured cists AND ovaries, but have yet to find anything on it. I've been told by many people that I need to get myself a good lawyer, because this just doesn't seem right for a hospital to do. Thats why I've been researching, but I can't seem to find anything. If anyone has any info, please let me know :-)

Hope someone can answer my questions as well. I recently has a miscarriage on July 27 and I was 6 1/2 weeks along by dates but baby was 4 wks. I began to bleed and was told that my pregnancy was considered an ectopic (cervical pregnancy). I was given Methotraxate to dissolve the pregnancy. I bled for about a week. My Husband and I have had sex since then and I think that I may have been ovulating that week cause I noticed the clear egg white like discharge. My question is, could I be pregnant, when can I take a HPT, and how will I know the baby's due date if I have not started my period since my miscarriage. I is now a week after my assumed ovulation date and don't know what to do. Please if anyone has any insight to my questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, JMI, you could possibly be pregnant but I would be surprised, since it's been so soon since you've already had your msicarriage so soon after. It can take roughly more than three months before your hormones are back to normal. Does that help?