Hi, my daughter is 18 years old and she never had any stomach problems. However, yesterday she complained on a pain in lower left quadrant, and it didn’t stop since then. I don’t know what could be causing this problem, and should I take her to doctor. Any suggestions?

Hi, I had the same problem as your daughter about three months ago. I woke up in a middle of the night, and I couldn’t move because of the pain in lower left quadrant. It was constant and strong. Two days before it happened, I was eating a lot of bean. I guess that I had lots of gas in my left side of colon that somehow blocked while I was sleeping and caused a constant pain. The pain was constant and strong until the next day, when the gas passed through the system and was no longer blocked in the colon. Maybe your daughter has the same problem. Try to remember if she was eating something that could cause lots of gas. One more thing that crossed my mind is that she maybe has some problems with the ovaries.

I would go to the doctor and maybe visit the obgyn. I had emergency surgery 2 months ago. I felt some discomfort 2 months prior but not enough to go the the emergency room. This discomfort was followed by vomiting I diagnosed myself with gastritis and adjusted my eating and it went away. Only 2 months later, I had a reocurrence, and it landed me in the emergency room. I was and am unemployed and uninsured, that is why I didn't go to the doctor. To my suprise I had a 6" ovarian cyst in my left ovary. My pain was a dull pain, not sharp and when the cyst began twisting it got severe and spread towards the back and inner thigh. I made sure only the cyst was removed. I made it clear my ovary would not be removed. I am not fond of losing body parts o.O .not to mention the medical bills totalling 75k. These hospitals always try to charge 5-6 times more than their services are worth. I still dealing with them!!! 8-|
Just don't make the mistake I did and wait for an emergency.

Definitely get it checked. My 10 year old had the same exact symptoms and it was ovarian cancer. Caught it so early she didn't need chemo.