I am 6 weeks pregnant. I was just informed after a transvagina sonogram that I have a small cyst on my right ovary. I'm concerned about the cramp pains I have been experiencing. The cramps feel like period cramps ( my period cramps were pretty extreme) so I'm not sure if this is normal. The cramps last for a couple of seconds, then it goes away. If anyone may have any information on this it would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

I had extremely painful cramps for the first few months. They were so painful that I would wake up from a dead sleep in horrible pain. This I have been told is because my uterus was expanding so rapidly it causes period like pain in most women.
The cyst and the fact that your period pain was so painful sounds like endometriosis. It effects women differently. My sister has suffered from endometriosis for years and she gets cysts. When these cysts burst it is very painful. I also have endometriosis but I only feel pain during my period as mine is slightly different from my sisters. The pain I get is can get so bad I end up in the hospital.
My sister was told she had a cyst when she was pregnant with her first child. It's can be very scary because depending on the size of it and how close it is to the baby if it bursts it can possibly terminate the pregnancy. A small cyst luckily has less chance of doing this, but if it does burst it is still painful. Usually around 3 months the baby is big enough that if a large cyst does burst the baby will not be harmed.
Since they said a small cyst then you should not be concerned about losing the baby. If there was chance it could effect the baby they would have told you right away. Be prepared if it does burst though, I've seen my sister drop to the ground from the pain of it. Luckily pregnancy helps with this and cysts tend to decrease rapidly after pregnancy.
Hope this helps.