HI, I AM A 26 YEAR OLD WOMAN. I HAD MY TUBAL LIGATION 5 YEARS AGO. I HAVE ALSO DEVELOPED CYSTS ON MY OVARY. MY DOCTOR RAN TTESTS AND I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD THOUSANDS OF CYSTS THAT CINTIUE TO BURST ON MY OVARIES. DOES THE TWO SITUATIONS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH EACHOTHER? AM I GETTING THE CYSTS BECAUSE MY EGGS CAN'T GET THROUGHT MY FALLOPIN TUBES? WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Hi there! It is highly unlikely that you are experiencing the cysts because of tubal ligation.
The cysts on ovaries develop on women who haven’t had the procedure done as well and it has nothing to do with tubes actually.

There are two sorts of cysts that may form on the ovaries.
The most common one is functional cyst and it form during a menstrual cycle. When matured egg is released from the ovary, these cysts that held the egg dissolve. However, some of the cysts don’t dissolve and may continue to grow filling up with fluid. These are called corpus luteum cysts. They usually go away on their own in a few weeks time. Another form of ovarian cyst is follicular cyst, also a form of functional cyst, that forms when the sac that holds the egg doesn’t break to release the egg and it continues to grow. These kind of cysts usually disappear in 3 months time. Some of the cysts may feel up with blood and bleed. You need to talk to your doc about what kind of cysts you have developed and what to do about them.

If you are not experiencing any problems, and if they are not filled with blood, I guess you should leave them alone. If they become troublesome, which they can, your gynecologist should suggest a proper treatment that may include birth control pills or a surgery to get them removed. Surgeries should be done only to remove the very troublesome ovarian cysts.