I am in the 10th week of pregnancy, and I feel the pain on the left side of abdomen. I feel it specially while getting up and it is like sudden pain. Anybody has same experience? Do I need to see an OB/GYN about it or just keep my self still for a while?

Hi I had pain in my left side of abdomen. I was 6 months pregnant then, so I just took Tylenol…I didn't take it too serious. It wasn't working so I finally went to doc and he told me that I had a cyst, and that I was bleeding internally. So, have this checked!!!

During pregnancy women often have what is called a Corpus Litum cyst which develops to help maintain a pregnancy till approximately week 12. Sometimes they can twist an ovary and cause pain in one side or another and you should definately speak to your doctor and have an ultrasound done.

Most cysts disappear by the 13th week of pregnancy, however the rare few stay longer. If a cyst has twisted an ovary it will require surgery to be removed (the later in the pregnancy the better). Also this is the case if the cyst is larger than 6cm or continues to grow. The safest time to have a cyst removed is after week 12 but before week 19. I had a large ovarian tumor, and my right ovary, removed when I was pregnant 12weeks 5 days. I'm still pregnant (18 weeks 3 days) and the baby is still healthy.

norrie, i know how you feel. i have been having the same feelings for a while now. i don't know what exactly this is. I am getting kinda scared. It gets sharper and more painful everytime.

I am 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I've had pain on my left side about a week and a half ago and now it's on my right side. I worry about things like ectopic pregnancy when pain just dominates one side. I have my first ultrasound today, so I'll ask and post :-D

hi everyone i went to the doctors 2day because i had really bad pains on my left side and i am 6 weeks pregnant. The doctor said i was having a ectopic pregnancy so they refered me to the hospital where i had to have a scan. the done a tummy scan and we could see the sack in the right place but couldnt see what was in the sack, but anyway i wasnt having an ectopic pregancy. then they done a internal scan 2 see in the sack and were saw this liltle thing flickering really fast which was my babys heart. the nurse continued to look around and she saw a 5cm cyst on my left ovary and they said that was causing the pain so in 2weeks i have to go back for another scan to see if it has gone which it should have, she also said it is not unormal whne the egg breaks off from the ovary a cyst comes to protect it.
Go see a GP but dont worry. Good Look.

hi dont get yourself to worried i have got 2 cysts on my right ovary one of them 6cm the other 3cm the doctor at hospital said they should just go away as the pregnancy progresses if it gets bigger they will drain them this cant harm your baby. i had all the same symtoms as you. get it checked out 4 your peace of mind.

Im 17weeks pregnant and have really bad pains on my left sid andy one know what its is :cry:

Hello! I am about 5 weeks pregnant, am having pain in my left side AND have had light bleeding for 14 days now. I have an ultrasounbd scheduled in 2 days but am worried about waiting in case it's an eptopic pregnancy. Any ideas? Does bleeding occur with a cyst? TY

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and have the sharp pains on my left side too...I am known to have ovarian cysts also. After reading some posts I'm thinking it's probably one of those or I pulled a muscle. If it continues tomorrow I'll call my doctor. I recommend anyone who has this pain for more then a day or two to call, my research online showed that you could have a placenta abruption (which doesn't always cause bleeding). I haven't had any other strange signs so I'm holding off for another day. If anyone else gets these pains and get's it checked I'd love to know what it is.

Hi i'm 8 weeks along and have pain on my lower left side. When i put pressure on my left leg, it kills me to walk. It hurt so bad my husband had to help me to bed. This is my second pregnancy and with my first I had no problems. Im debating whether I shoul go to a doctor or not, my first ultra sound is in one week. Any ideas?

hi im 14 weeks pregnant! had really strong bad pains all on my left, with lower bad back pains as well, this has been going on now for a week, and last night was in real bad pain, was really worried about it, but just got back from doctors and everything is ok, just a water infection!!! i would see your GP first then worry if you have too. take care good luck xxxx :-D

Unfortunately I had an ectopic pregnancy about 2 years ago.I had sharp pains in my lower right abdomen. I was 5 weeks and 6 days. I started off with constant light bleeding which after towards the end got heavier. I was misdiagnosed at one hospital with having a miscarriage. A week or two later I was rushed to the hospital because I had pain so bad I couldn't walk. That hospital said I had an ectopic pregnancy and the fetus had ruptured my fallopian tube, which had to be removed along with the baby. The doctor told me I was bleeding into my stomach and if I had waited two more days, I would have bled to death internally. Go to the doctor ASAP just to make sure you don't wind up like I did...I'll keep you in my prayers!

I am so sorry to hear this. I am 5 weeks and about 4 days preganant. I just found out and I am very excited. However I am having some pain in my left side and a little worried. I called my doctor today and she said just pay attention and told me if I had any other symptoms to start to call back. I think its just gas but not sure. I hope its nothing serious. Anyway I'll be praying for you.

heya im about 2-3 weeks pregnant and i am also gettin this pain. i went to the hospital last friday and they couldnt see anythin unusual on the ultra sound but then they couldnt see sack or yolk either as they said it was too early. the pain isnt too bad just the occassional twinge with some moderate cramping. i was also very worried but was told it could be to do with my body adjusting to pregnancy. if anybody has found out anythin else please let me kno as i am still concerned!:-( wishin everybody all the best! xxxx